cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with consistently entering BIOS on Crosshair x670E Hero and how to fix it.

fuzzy186
Level 7
Ever since I bought my Crosshair x670E Hero motherboard I couldn't consistently enter the bios to set it up. I could enter it but only once around every 30 times (when pressing DEL button after starting my computer).
When I didn't want to enter bios, my monitor started showing image only when windows started starting (no ASUS splash screen, nothing). Probably windows driver initiated my monitor.

Lately I have found that disabling memory retraining during each restart fixed the issue and I can enter the bios every time. Now my monitor is initialized within few seconds after computer startup (I can see the splash screen etc.)
Go to Extreme Tweaker/DRAM Timing Control and enable "Memory Context Restore" option. This will disable memory retraining during every start of the computer.
This is probably messing up with monitor initialization process.
I hope that some forum moderator will point Asus Bios developers to this post and they will fix it because for sure I am not the only one having such problems.

To prove that I was not the only one, here is the video of the guy with the same problem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oubGmP4nLbQ&t=111s

I have x670e Hero motherboard with Ryzen 7 7700x and G.skill F5-6000J3238F16GX2-FX5 memory modules with loaded Expo profile (6000 MT/s). I also have ASUS GeForce RTX 3070 Ti TUF 8GB OC connected to monitor (ROG PG279Q) through displayport. I have latest bios Version 0705 from 2022/10/11.
8 REPLIES 8

Soupladel
Level 10
fuzzy186 wrote:
Ever since I bought my Crosshair x670E Hero motherboard I couldn't consistently enter the bios to set it up. I could enter it but only once around every 30 times (when pressing DEL button after starting my computer).
When I didn't want to enter bios, my monitor started showing image only when windows started starting (no ASUS splash screen, nothing). Probably windows driver initiated my monitor.

Lately I have found that disabling memory retraining during each restart fixed the issue and I can enter the bios every time. Now my monitor is initialized within few seconds after computer startup (I can see the splash screen etc.)
Go to Extreme Tweaker/DRAM Timing Control and enable "Memory Context Restore" option. This will disable memory retraining during every start of the computer.
This is probably messing up with monitor initialization process.
I hope that some forum moderator will point Asus Bios developers to this post and they will fix it because for sure I am not the only one having such problems.

To prove that I was not the only one, here is the video of the guy with the same problem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oubGmP4nLbQ&t=111s

I have x670e Hero motherboard with Ryzen 7 7700x and G.skill F5-6000J3238F16GX2-FX5 memory modules with loaded Expo profile (6000 MT/s). I also have ASUS GeForce RTX 3070 Ti TUF 8GB OC connected to monitor (ROG PG279Q) through displayport. I have latest bios Version 0705 from 2022/10/11.

This sounds like the age old windows start up issue and disabling this feature will make sure when you shutdown, the PC truly shutdowns down, and a restart means exactly that each time. here is what you need to do:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup

Also, if you hold down the shift key when you click on restart, it will force the PC into windows boot options and you can then select select trouble shoot PC > Advanced > then select the option that talsk about entering the device UEFI settings, the PC will then restart and take you direct to the BIOS menu.

ROG CROSSHAIR X670E HERO
Ryzen 7950x
2x Corsair CMH32GX5M2D6000Z36K VENGEANCE RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 6000MT/s 36-36-36-76 AMD EXPO Black PCB 1.35V
Bios OC: AMD EXPO II

Everything works perfectly no errors, but I do have a longer boot. For me, if I enable "context restore" I can not boot whatsoever--non stop BSOD and freezing, no matter what settings I try. I have to set "context restore" to AUTO.

Also, my vengeance memory is not on the compatibility list; however, I did try the Corsair Dominator Platinum CMT32GX5M2D6000C36 ram that IS on the compatibility list, and I could not get my computer to boot with it, at all.

I have the same system with the same problem as DigitalJack3t. Very long boot times and very difficult getting into bios. Is there a fix yet?

Murph_9000
Level 14
Me too, but on the Crosshair VIII Extreme (X570S). As best I can tell, the UEFI BIOS isn't consistently initialising USB devices (but they are fine in Windows), so it's a bit random whether the keyboard and/or mouse work in the BIOS. I've never quite figured out if it's an AMD, AMI, or ASUS thing that's at fault; or maybe something I've done.

JuSiZ1
Level 10

Same problem here on proart x670e creative

Sib3riX
Level 10

Is this fixed because im getting same thing on all bios versions for x670e HERO?

I wish i came to this post earlier. 

Have you tried enabling Context Restore in the UEFI as the OP suggests? This will avoid memory training where possible and decrease POST times.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Yes now i can see BIOS and enter it. I flashed bios 1516 again and its working and showing bios, asus splash screen etc...  

If i have this setting on auto i will have problem described in OP. If i enabled it problem is gone. I have x670e extreme on g9 neo aswell but i dont see this problem at all. 

Edit: Just to add bios 1415 give me proper asus rog splash resolution but bios 1516 with updated asus rog splash (red logo) screen give pixelated resolution ( low quality ).