cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with DRR5 when using 4 dimms at 6000mhz blue screen

Rose941
Level 8

I have two kits of ram memory 32gb each 16 gb per slot and I can't use more than 4800 without giving Blue screen

I've seen so much I'm thinking of reverting the bios to 805

and my ram is a 2 kit Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB), 6000 Mhz C36 Intel xmp 3.0

before only using two slots I could use the 6000 mhz without problem but after putting another 32gb 16+16 gb I can only use 4800 without blue screen

I know that the ram is XMP and I don't EXPO the new technology from amd but when I bought it I didn't have the models in my country, if the 32gb kit works with the 6000mhz without problems because the 64gb doesn't work with the 6000mhz it only works the 4800mhz without errors in the memetest86

My build

Asus Rog Crossair Hero X670E

Ryzen 7900x

Graphics Card: RTX 4080 Suprim X

RAM- Corsair Vengeance DRR5 6000Mhz 64GB

PSU -Corsair RM1000X W Full Modular 80 Plus Gold

thank you if can help me guys

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rose941
Level 8

Well guys after several hours of testing and trying to understand what I could do to reach as close to 6000mhz I managed to reach 6000 quite stable going back to BIOS version 805 activating DOCP II and I did the test up to phase 3 of memtest86 and without errors only that The power went out and I completely missed the test. I'm going to do it again tonight, in the meantime I came to play some games to test that almost always gave me bluescreen after 10/15 minutes and I've been playing for more than 3 hours howgarts legacy and fivem and without problems I think the problem is solved it was a pleasure talking to you gentlemen!

Thank you for your help!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

SkyBeam
Level 11

Which BIOS version are you on? There are many reports about memory stability issues on later versions. I personally have not been able to get 4x16GB DDR5-6000 CL30 stable on any BIOS after ComboAM5Pi 10.0.0.3 PatchA+D (BIOS 0823 on my X670-P). So you might want to try BIOS 0805 for your board too.

I'm on version 922 so I'm going to rollback and try it out if I still had to search it seems that ddr5 is still very stable with the 4 dimms I'm going to increase the frequency until I find a point as stable as it is at 4800mhz Thank you 

Murph_9000
Level 14

There are currently no 4 DIMM configs listed on the Crosshair X670E Hero Memory QVL.  The "socket support" column tells how many DIMMs are validated; "1,2" is 1 or 2 DIMM configs only.  A part that's validated for a 4 DIMM config would be listed as "1,2,4".

People have reported some success with 4 DIMM configs on X670 by reducing the speed to about half way between 4800 and the overclock rating on for the DIMMs.  With DIMMs advertised as overclocking to 6000, try running them at 5200 or 5600 in a 4 DIMM config.  Make sure you do a LONG (many hours), memory test with something like MemTest to confirm stability, successfully booting is not a guarantee of stability with overclocked memory.

Combining multiple kits of memory can be problematic, as nominally identical parts can have small variations in the silicon which prevent them from working well together when overclocked.

Hi, am I going to try bios 922 or do I go back to 805? that was my idea i will try first with 5600mhz and then with 5200 since 5600mhz is more likely to fail do you think i should go for bios version 805?

it gave me two errors in the final test with the 5600 mhz should i change voltage or something like that or do i really have to go back to the 5200?

SkyBeam
Level 11

I don't have this exact mainboard but I would try 805 as it's based on same release as the only stable BIOS for my board. Everything later fails to boot or leads to massive memory errors with 4x DDR5-6000 for me - I have seen others reporting similar issues with newer versions. The latest beta seems to be better too, but I would wait for the final release.

I noticed that too, I'm switching to 805, and thanks for the tip! I noticed that the new one that is in beta is more stable than the last ones that came out, thanks friend it will be fine

Rose941
Level 8

Well guys after several hours of testing and trying to understand what I could do to reach as close to 6000mhz I managed to reach 6000 quite stable going back to BIOS version 805 activating DOCP II and I did the test up to phase 3 of memtest86 and without errors only that The power went out and I completely missed the test. I'm going to do it again tonight, in the meantime I came to play some games to test that almost always gave me bluescreen after 10/15 minutes and I've been playing for more than 3 hours howgarts legacy and fivem and without problems I think the problem is solved it was a pleasure talking to you gentlemen!

Thank you for your help!

With 4 dimms you are just not supposed to reach 6000 - just luck if you can. 

Signal quality decreases with the number of dimms and therefore maximum speed gets lowered with 4 dimms.