cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProArt X670 Instantly "restart" at random times?!

Daz1989
Level 8
Hey

I have updated my system
from
X399 + 2990WX + 128gb Ram
to
X670 ProArt 7950X and Kingston FURY Beast RGB 64GB (2x 32GB) 5600MHz

Everything starts/run fine - mostly. But for some reason, the pc will randomly restart.

There is no blue screen, no warning, nothing, it just instantly goes ZIP, and it's gone. Restarting.

Also, each restart takes 10-30 secs to start. Like he is re-initializing memory or something.

I run memory in XMP profile 5600, everything started without any problems and I did not do any OC or anything like that yet.

Its 4-day old pc more or less and I'm struggling to understand why would he just "restart" out of blue.

Regards
Dariusz
4 REPLIES 4

Soupladel
Level 10
Daz1989 wrote:
Hey

I have updated my system
from
X399 + 2990WX + 128gb Ram
to
X670 ProArt 7950X and Kingston FURY Beast RGB 64GB (2x 32GB) 5600MHz

Everything starts/run fine - mostly. But for some reason, the pc will randomly restart.

There is no blue screen, no warning, nothing, it just instantly goes ZIP, and it's gone. Restarting.

Also, each restart takes 10-30 secs to start. Like he is re-initializing memory or something.

I run memory in XMP profile 5600, everything started without any problems and I did not do any OC or anything like that yet.

Its 4-day old pc more or less and I'm struggling to understand why would he just "restart" out of blue.

Regards
Dariusz

I have the Crosshair X670E Hero and have suffered the exact same issue as this, although i think it is related to DDR5 compatibility issues, i have never trule worked out what the problem is.

However the way i solved my problem was by simply upgrading the BIOS, the current version of the BIOS for your board is 0705 and it would be well worth upgrading your BIOS to see if the solves your issues. The latest BIOS can be found here:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/ProArt/ProArt-X670E-CREATOR-WIFI/HelpDesk_...

I am still having a number of issues including the CPU only boosting to 5.5Ghz now, i am also having problems with the occasional lock up that requires a reset but i think this is possibly connected to me having a 4090 now as the even log has shown an error with nvlddmkm, which is nvidia related.

These problems are the price we pay for being early adaptors in a new platform!!!

Hey @Soupladel

Thank you so much for ur reply!

I was really woried it was just me with this crazy issue that I never had in last 20 years of building pcs.

I've updated bios and now for about 24+h of runtime no crashes! Wohooo!!!!

Gonna see how long the system will run, so far it all looks promising, horay!

Regards
Dariusz

Daz1989 wrote:
Hey @Soupladel

Thank you so much for ur reply!

I was really woried it was just me with this crazy issue that I never had in last 20 years of building pcs.

I've updated bios and now for about 24+h of runtime no crashes! Wohooo!!!!

Gonna see how long the system will run, so far it all looks promising, horay!

Regards
Dariusz

No worries

What GPU are you running? although my system is more stable now, i have had a few crashes that seem to relate to Nvidia and have had to go in and manually adjust the power settings for the GPU in the power profile.

Also, a clean install of drivers may have helped

having the same issue with the Crosshair X670E Hero. The screen goes black and instantly restarts. no freeze, blue screen, or errors at all.

For me, it seems to occur only when running WSL2 (Ubuntu) for work, and from what I can gather mainly whilst MySQL is running in WSL, so could be something with how memory is being handled?

EDIT: nevermind, it just did it again now after this post and i only had chrome running *sigh*

Using the latest bios also (0705), Ryzen 7950X + RTX 4090 + 64 GB (2x32 GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 5200MHz