cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCIe device not showing in BIOS for Crosshair x670e

jriker1
Level 8
I have two cards right now in my x670e Crosshair Hero.

1. Dell Perc H810
2. Intel dual SFP+ 10G NIC

Was confused first time booting up the system, that there was no option to hit F8 or whatever to boot into the Perc card settings. But then I was excited to see it was somehow baked into the bios advanced settings. OK cool, so enter the Intel NIC which wasn't in there originally when I saw this. Now that I have that card in the second slot (perc in one closest to CPU), I have two entries in the advanced bios area for each of the 10G ports, but the Perc H810 is not there. Thoughts?
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
Have you tried other permutations like the NIC in the top slot and the perc lower? Some devices can be finicky and also when you are dealing with slots that are chipset lanes some will cooperate better than others.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

jriker1
Level 8
No, I have this thing slid into a rack so can't take it apart right now however I have always had the raid card in the slot closest to the CPU and it would come up. Even had a third card in at the time which I don't now. Only difference is I now have an Intel native NIC in the second slot instead of a Mellanox.

Really moving this around shouldn't be a solve as know for all the years I've been working on systems has been a go to approach which I've never seen work. That said, if there is an issue like this Asus should fix it.

xeromist
X670 is still new so yes I would expect to see additional compatibility updates over the coming months. However if it is an edge case specific to this datacenter card in a consumer motherboard then it's going to be extremely low priority. In a commercial environment (even a lab) I wouldn't wait around. I'd find another Mellanox and shelve the Intel.

That said, any chance the Intel is behind on firmware? Could pop it in another board, update, and see if that makes any difference.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…