cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no post after bios update x670e-f

freakazoid
Level 10

need some help

i was on bios 11 and wanted to update to bios  13.

i tried flashing from within the bios, but the app froze when i hit enter. after like 2min in the frozen app, i reset the pc and booted into windows like normal.

i then shut down the system and tried the flash with the usb-flashback.

it all went normal but after rebooting, the pc didnt post at all. after a few resets, cmos and complet powerdown i tried again to boot, but the led got stuck on the yellow ram led forever (5min+). after this i tried to reflash bios 11 because i knew it worked before.

after the reflash  the yellow led came on and after a some time it switched to the red one. after this it didnt, continue and stayed on red for several minutes. cmos etc did no help...  what should i do? there is no beep or whatever just the red led... 

any ideas?

x670e-f, 7950x3d, 2x16 trident z5 6000

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

freakazoid
Level 10

found the solution.

i had to reflash the first bios i tried (1303) multiple times, and then it suddenly showed the “dont turn of“ message and all went well.

i think this step was missing the first time and then it got stuck and needed to properly restart the whole process. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

jriker1
Level 8

Did you try unplugging power from the system, pulling the cmos battery for 10+ seconds and put it back in and try again?

yes, i also unplugged other hardware and even left it running for hours, just for the case, it needed more time for something.

nothing changed...

Goose3080
Level 9

what is bios 11 and 13, those dont sound like correct bios numbers to me ?

Also if you got a lock up in the bios, why did you proceed to flash, did you follow the instructions which says to load defaults first, reboot and then flash ?

Have you tried using bios flashback, sounds like your only choice now, but reset the bios first using the button on the back of the board.

sorry, i didnt remember the real bios numbers.

i went from 1101 to 1303.

first the flashtool locked up when choosing the bios file. after waiting like 10mins i had to restart the pc. then it booted normaly into windows 11 again.

i ****** the pc down, cleared cmos and tried flashing with usb-flashback at the rear.

no error just the normal blinking during flash. again 10mins later i started the pc up again and it was stuck on the yellow led. fans run, all lights are on but nothing else happens. this remains like this for more than an hour. cmos clearing, cold reset, etc. dont change nothing. unpluging the devices also dont help.

also tried to flash other versions of the bios including the one, who worked properly before. no change. it seems like the post doest run at all.

I was curious about this " did you follow the instructions which says to load defaults first, reboot and then flash ?"

I saw that text and have done that but if you use the bios flash feature by plugging in the USB stick into the port on the back and flash it that way does it clear the bios? 

afaik this ist some leftover from the good old times.

todays biosflashes do a cmos-reset by them self.

so no, its probably not needed, but i do it anyway, just because i allways did it. wouldnt feel right whitout it...   😅

freakazoid
Level 10

found the solution.

i had to reflash the first bios i tried (1303) multiple times, and then it suddenly showed the “dont turn of“ message and all went well.

i think this step was missing the first time and then it got stuck and needed to properly restart the whole process.