cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New BIOS for X670E Hero - 0705 (non-beta)

Soupladel
Level 10
just noticed this new bios is out and i get an error when i try to extract it with 7-zip, anyone else?

I also extracted it using windows with no error, but when i navigated to the folder for it in BIOS, it locked up before i could even try selecting it.

I am now a bit hesitant to try using it and am keen to see if anyone else is having the same experience?
20 REPLIES 20

Soupladel
Level 10
I flashed this BIOS anyway and everything seems to be ok so far, but oddly i am seeing the CPU pegged at a mximum boost of 5.5Ghz during gaming or the single core test in CB23, but curiously it seems all cores are boosting to 5.5Ghz during these tasks.

Boost behavior seems to be changed in the new AGESA version within the last couple updates.

Tyberious wrote:
Boost behavior seems to be changed in the new AGESA version within the last couple updates.

i know there have apparently been enhancements to PBO so i am going to look into that to discover whats changed and what else i need to do, currently have -15 on all cores in curve optimiser and have the PBO limits set to motherboard. My gut tells me there is more to get out of this CPU yet without doing a true overclock

So after completing the BIOS update I'm getting a Q-Code 81 when Windows launches. From what I can tell everything is working normal. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I've attempted clearing CMOS already as well.

Bananas4Life wrote:
So after completing the BIOS update I'm getting a Q-Code 81 when Windows launches. From what I can tell everything is working normal. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Bananas4Life wrote:

I've just discovered that in bios 0705 (for X670 Extreme) the Q-Code was changing constantly after the system booted into Windows.
Long story short: after POST, it is now displaying the CPU temperature and not an actual error code.

In the BIOS you can change this behavior under Advanced->Onboard Devices Configuration->LED lighting->Q-Code LED Function.

alphasite wrote:
I've just discovered that in bios 0705 (for X670 Extreme) the Q-Code was changing constantly after the system booted into Windows.
Long story short: after POST, it is now displaying the CPU temperature and not an actual error code.

In the BIOS you can change this behavior under Advanced->Onboard Devices Configuration->LED lighting->Q-Code LED Function.

Thanks, I do have mine set to show the temperature. but it seems that, Q-Code 81 was overriding the temperature being shown. I noticed if you leave the ASUS Flash Drive inserted it'll throw error code 42 until you remove it. But the 81 is still making me question everything. Also, after the update it froze in the BIOS when I was adjusted settings and also froze again after booting into Windows. Which was really bizarre being I wasn't having any of these issues prior.

Bananas4Life wrote:
Thanks, I do have mine set to show the temperature. but it seems that, Q-Code 81 was overriding the temperature being shown. I noticed if you leave the ASUS Flash Drive inserted it'll throw error code 42 until you remove it. But the 81 is still making me question everything. Also, after the update it froze in the BIOS when I was adjusted settings and also froze again after booting into Windows. Which was really bizarre being I wasn't having any of these issues prior.

is it possible the code is in fact B1 as in b rather than 8? if so i believe it is related to RAM and i read elsewhere the suggestion of clearing CMOS for that error

I did clear the CMOS, I don't believe it was a B1. Also, it didn't show any errors in the BIOS. Just when after Windows loaded in. I also didn't use AMD EXPO and attempted to just use it without the overclock and same error. But neither is occurring. I'm using G.Skill 6000 Mhz RAM that's compatible with the board.