cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New BIOS for X670E Hero - 0705 (non-beta)

Soupladel
Level 10
just noticed this new bios is out and i get an error when i try to extract it with 7-zip, anyone else?

I also extracted it using windows with no error, but when i navigated to the folder for it in BIOS, it locked up before i could even try selecting it.

I am now a bit hesitant to try using it and am keen to see if anyone else is having the same experience?
20 REPLIES 20

Bananas4Life wrote:
I did clear the CMOS, I don't believe it was a B1. Also, it didn't show any errors in the BIOS. Just when after Windows loaded in. I also didn't use AMD EXPO and attempted to just use it without the overclock and same error. But neither is occurring. I'm using G.Skill 6000 Mhz RAM that's compatible with the board.

The reason i suggested it might be B1 is because looking at the manual, there doesn't seem to be a Qcode 81, but there is a B1, i have to assume that 81 was maybe just a temperature spike when windows loaded maybe?

Bananas4Life wrote:
So after completing the BIOS update I'm getting a Q-Code 81 when Windows launches. From what I can tell everything is working normal. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Same here after updating firmware. What does that code mean? Everything seems to be working fine.

Really bizarre, I ended up was worried by it and downgraded back to the previous BIOS and it's back to normal. What hardware do you have? Mine is below if you have a similar setup. Also, I had issues with BSOD's Windows not starting and it freezing in the BIOS as well.

Processor: 7950X
Motherboard: ASUS X670E HERO
RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series AMD EXPO 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000
Hard Drive: Kingston FURY Renegade 2TB PCIe Gen 4.0 NVMe M.2 Internal Gaming SSD
PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 P6, 80 Plus Platinum 1000W
GPU: EVGA 3080 TI FTW3
Cooler: Phanteks (P-GO360MPH_DWT01) Glacier One 360MPH D-RGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler

jrrog1975 wrote:
Same here after updating firmware. What does that code mean? Everything seems to be working fine.

Really bizarre, I ended up was worried by it and downgraded back to the previous BIOS and it's back to normal. What hardware do you have? Mine is below if you have a similar setup. Also, I had issues with BSOD's Windows not starting and it freezing in the BIOS as well.

RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series AMD EXPO 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000
Hard Drive: Kingston FURY Renegade 2TB PCIe Gen 4.0 NVMe M.2 Internal Gaming SSD
Cooler: Phanteks (P-GO360MPH_DWT01) Glacier One 360MPH D-RGB AIO Liquid CPU Cooler

Bananas4Life wrote:

Same except:
Storage: Corsair MP600 and Samsung 980 Pro
PSU: Asus Thor 1200
GPU: EVGA 3090 Ti FTW3
Cooler: Corsair H150i Elite LCD

jrrog1975 wrote:
Same except:
Storage: Corsair MP600 and Samsung 980 Pro
PSU: Asus Thor 1200
GPU: EVGA 3090 Ti FTW3
Cooler: Corsair H150i Elite LCD

Interesting, what version of windows are you on? I'm using 22H2. One thing I did notice is.... if I booted into advanced startup, I'd get the usual AA. So I believe it's driver/software related.

Bananas4Life wrote:
Interesting, what version of windows are you on? I'm using 22H2. One thing I did notice is.... if I booted into advanced startup, I'd get the usual AA. So I believe it's driver/software related.

Same Windows version too. I reverted back for now.

jrrog1975 wrote:
Same Windows version too. I reverted back for now.

I’ll let you know if I hear anything else regarding that. I may attempt to contact ASUS on Monday.

Soupladel
Level 10
i haven't seen that but it might be worth resetting CMOS, i have seen a number of problems over the years where moving from one bios to another and some elements/values of the previous bios remain resident, resetting CMOS should flush these and is something i generally do after all BIOS upgrades

Soupladel wrote:
i haven't seen that but it might be worth resetting CMOS, i have seen a number of problems over the years where moving from one bios to another and some elements/values of the previous bios remain resident, resetting CMOS should flush these and is something i generally do after all BIOS upgrades

Unfortunately, no luck after clearing CMOS. I did notice it only throws it once Windows launches (If I start under advanced startup, it just shows AA). I went ahead and rolled back to 0703 and it's back to normal now. I'm thinking maybe some kind of driver in Windows doesn't like it. Since I don't have any issues in 0703, I'll ride this version out for a bit and maybe try the next one, unless a possible fix comes out. Unfortunately, Q-Code 81 doesn't have much info on it, but I would assume software/driver related.