cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New BIOS 1222 for B650E-E not stable. When in it, changing settings, it freezes.

Apollo_AsPy
Level 7
Don't know if this part of the post will appear, but the title shows the main problem.

Also, the update was a bit strange. When clicking OK to do it, it rebooted without reading the file... But I left it alone and the update was done (really awkward).

Also, clicking OK button is difficult and does not always work.

I backflashed to v0821, a lot more stable.
4 REPLIES 4

nite2k
Level 9
Apollo AsPy wrote:
Don't know if this part of the post will appear, but the title shows the main problem.

Also, the update was a bit strange. When clicking OK to do it, it rebooted without reading the file... But I left it alone and the update was done (really awkward).

Also, clicking OK button is difficult and does not always work.

I backflashed to v0821, a lot more stable.

There are other threads today/yesterday reporting similar issues with v1222 instability. I have a B650E-I and had to backflash as well because V1222 wouldn't POST with my EXPO profile.

I have no complaints about the 1222 bios on the Strix B650E-E, it works fine for me.

nite2k wrote:
There are other threads today/yesterday reporting similar issues with v1222 instability. I have a B650E-I and had to backflash as well because V1222 wouldn't POST with my EXPO profile.

Ahh I'm not alone!

I have the 7900X3D and Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz C30 paired with it and every so often it will refuse to boot with an orange light saying ram is at fault (It's not). Every time this happens the only way to resolve this is to:

• unplug.
  • take out 1 stick or ram (seems to be the most important step)
  • plug in
  • clear CMOS
  • wait for a post
  • go into bios to set up how I would normally have the system.
  • boot into windows
  • power off
  • unplug
  • re-insert other stick of ram
  • plug in
  • boots fine

I have to do this every single time this happens

I also have bios freezes on the B650E-E, but with the beta bios 1410