Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOBO cycling through Q-codes

BusinessBill
Level 7
Hi all,

My MOBO is cycling through Q-codes.

Typically, I’m getting error codes 33-37, and sometimes 42-49, 50-58. And it just keeps cycling through these error codes non stop even after I'm in Windows 11.

My computer feels fine though. Just in windows and doing my own thing but seeing these codes on the MOBO cycling which isn't normal. Usually when I'm in Windows, the code sits at 40 or AA. I’m not doing any overclocking and BIOS is default settings.

My computer has been fine for a while and what I did yesterday was update my BIOS to the recent firmware version 0805 dated 2022/11/15. This was when these codes started cycling.

The reason why I did it was this build has been a bit of a nightmare. When I got the parts at launch, the MOBO struggled reading RAM and all sort of random errors. I reset, refresh and updated the BIOS and everything finally worked. At the time there were a bunch of BIOS firmware in beta and I was just waiting for them to be off BETA to update my BIOS. I did it, and now this mess has appeared…sigh.

Setup:
X670E Dark Hero
Ryzen 7900x
AMD DDR5 Dominator RAM

Thank you for the advice/help to resolve this!
7 REPLIES 7

Darox
Level 9
it is temp

Darox
Level 9
mine shows 44 c

My temp is about 48

Just built a new system with below specs and after updating to the new bios version same issue with same codes keep appearingÂ*
Ryzen 9 7900x
AMD Expo G.Skill DDR5 RAM 5600
Crosshair x670E Hero MoboÂ*

RaGeZ wrote:
Just built a new system with below specs and after updating to the new bios version same issue with same codes keep appearing

The Q-Code LED on the board changes to a CPU temperature display after the BIOS hands over control to the OS. On the X570 boards, that behaviour was "POST Code Only" by default and had to be enabled in the BIOS. It looks like the default may have changed to "Auto" on the X670 boards (or you all enabled it without knowing what it does), which makes it show CPU temperature after boot.

Page 47 of the ROG CROSSHAIR X670E Series BIOS manual, "Q-Code LED Function".

RaGeZ wrote:
Just built a new system with below specs and after updating to the new bios version same issue with same codes keep appearingÂ*
Ryzen 9 7900x
AMD Expo G.Skill DDR5 RAM 5600
Crosshair x670E Hero MoboÂ*

OMG....crazy if its true. Been driving me nuts.

How do you even turn the temp thing off? I just want this code to tell me if everything is normal and change codes if there is something wrong...

BusinessBill wrote:
OMG....crazy if its true. Been driving me nuts.

How do you even turn the temp thing off? I just want this code to tell me if everything is normal and change codes if there is something wrong...

In BIOS go to Advanced>Onboard Devices Configuration then scroll down to LED Lighting>Q-Code LED Function, change to Post Code Only.