cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICUE / HWINFO64 Causing Issues

Bananas4Life
Level 8
All,

I was wondering if anyone is experiencing problems with BSOD’s, games crashing etc. I’ve completed a clean install today and left those 2 pieces of software off my machine. So far everything is working without issue. Anyone experiencing problems and have either of those installed? When I attempted to uninstall ICUE the other day I got stuck in a endless loop and had to clear CMOS.
7 REPLIES 7

jrrog1975
Level 7
Bananas4Life wrote:
All,

I was wondering if anyone is experiencing problems with BSOD’s, games crashing etc. I’ve completed a clean install today and left those 2 pieces of software off my machine. So far everything is working without issue. Anyone experiencing problems and have either of those installed? When I attempted to uninstall ICUE the other day I got stuck in a endless loop and had to clear CMOS.

I was experiencing some flickering and stuttering in games and was able to resolve it by stopping the Corsair services installed with ICUE. I'm not sure if it's just ICUE, or a conflict with the Armoury Crate services.

I believe this issue is caused by the programs querying DDR5 over the SMBUS when addressing has changed since DDR4. ICUE/HWINFO/Armory Crate all need to be updated to fix the issue.

I got rid of iCUE and now my game stuttering issue is gone.*:mad:
however, I am still having some random system crash with no BSOD or error message. only thing I see in the event viewer is kernel_power.

cp_thebrick wrote:
I got rid of iCUE and now my game stuttering issue is gone.*:mad:
however, I am still having some random system crash with no BSOD or error message. only thing I see in the event viewer is kernel_power.

which motherboard and BIOS version do you have?

ahfoo
Level 13
First of all I have iCUE and HWIF64 for many years, till date it not giving any issue with in game or normal daily work. My personal view the freeze and crash with windows have to do with windows system. Please correct me if I am wrong.

ahfoo wrote:
First of all I have iCUE and HWIF64 for many years, till date it not giving any issue with in game or normal daily work. My personal view the freeze and crash with windows have to do with windows system. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I didn't have any freezing/crashing, or issues with productivity work...but there is definitely an issue with ICUE. I can stop the services and game flashing/stuttering clears up.

https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/180494-icue-causing-system-instability-on-x670e-platform/

hope someone could help us on this issue from corsair side... I was looking into the newest early release version of iCUE. going to try it out today.

*UPDATE 1
I download and installed the pre-release version (4.29.201, 10/04/2022) of iCUE posted on their download center and it now doesn't make my games stutter.

*UPDATE 2
They released the new version of iCUE which was in pre-released state until today. it fixes the stuttering issue.
(4.29.203 | 10/11/2022)