cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Ryzen 7000 iGPU over x670e Motherboard

LainX84
Level 8
I am using a Ryzen 9 7950x on a ROG Crosshair x670e Hero mainboard with BIOS 0611. After installing the operating system (Windows 11 Pro) I noticed that in addition to my video card (ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Advanced) an AMD integrated VGA that is present in the processor is also detected.

I have wandered far and wide in the BIOS but have found no way the way to disable it so as to free up the memory shared with the system RAM as well.
Do you have any ideas on how to act ?
18 REPLIES 18

The 0094 test bios in this thread adds an option to turn off the igpu. I used it on my system and was successfully able disable it.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?130719-X67

Kenji117 wrote:
The 0094 test bios in this thread adds an option to turn off the igpu. I used it on my system and was successfully able disable it.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?130719-X67

Id be curious to hear how you found the test bios and overall performance?

i can't help but feel that using a test bios is a bit sketchy

Soupladel wrote:
Id be curious to hear how you found the test bios and overall performance?

i can't help but feel that using a test bios is a bit sketchy

I was looking online and came across a post on overclockers that mentioned disabling the igpu. I was skeptical, like you, about getting anyting from a site that isnt Asus so I started looking for the bios version being mentioned, 0094. I ended up being brought to the asus forums and the bios came from a mod, most likely also an asus employee. That was enough for me to trust it.

Performance has been good. I ran all benchmarks on it and saw no change in scores from the 0705 I previously had. Some people are seeing performance increases with their overclocks and others mentioned that overclocking on 0705 was causing issues that were resolved by switching back to an older driver or 0094.

After installing the latest BETA 0801 firmware, it is finally possible from the BIOS to disable the iGPU.
The only thing I noticed is that two new peripherals appeared in Windows device manager (in my case 11 x64) :

iSPP Port : BTHENUM\{00000000-deca-fade-deca-deafdecacaff}_VID&0001045e_PID&0b16
AMD PCI : PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_14DE&SUBSYS_164E1002&REV_C1

For the last one I installed the latest version of the chipset drivers found on the AMD site and it found me an AMD PCI and solved the unknown driver, while for the first one I found no way.

RedSector73
Level 12
Nvidia published this https://developer.nvidia.com/blog/using-nsight-systems-for-fixing-stutters-in-games/ might be helpful in identifying the root cause of stutters ?

Kingdramanyz
Level 7
I was getting stutters as the board tried to manage itself and sets the igpu and dgpu in a tug-of-war war within the system.

Downloaded shamino test bios and disabled igpu and set pcie 16x1 to gen 4.
I no longer have those stutters and slow down....but have other issues I'm tet8ng to work out. Lol

fahdriyami
Level 10
I have a 7700X and a 3090 FE. I have both GPU drivers installed. Luckily no performance issues in any of the games I've tested so far (Valorant, Microsoft Flight Simulator, FIFA 23, Forza Horizon 5).

But I am curious if it would be possible to disable the iGPU, not that it's a big deal because apparently its good at decoding video without using much power.

viperslinger
Level 7
LainX84 wrote:
I am using a Ryzen 9 7950x on a ROG Crosshair x670e Hero mainboard with BIOS 0611. After installing the operating system (Windows 11 Pro) I noticed that in addition to my video card (ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Advanced) an AMD integrated VGA that is present in the processor is also detected.

I have wandered far and wide in the BIOS but have found no way the way to disable it so as to free up the memory shared with the system RAM as well.
Do you have any ideas on how to act ?

On my asus tuf mobo I was able to deactivate the processor's onboard video but it still shows usable memory when I go to windows (system, about). I don't know how to read the total memory that is 32gb and seems usable 31.7

drop4205
Level 12

Always been intel but may look at AMD cpu.  Question on the 7800x3d has built in gpu.  I will be running Nvidia GPU so do I still install the adrenalin edition software if only using Nvidia GPU?  Is there a conflict between the two or would I just disable igpu in bios

Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11