cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair X670E Extreme S/PDIF audio noise

Dzendrieh
Level 7

Suddenly in the last week or so when the audio interface kicks in I hear noise fluctuations coming out of my speakers. They are connected via S/PDIF (TOSLINK). It sounds very similar to GPU coil whine.

Has anyone experienced this?

It doesn't happen when connected to another source, and it doesn't happen using the 3.5mm jack.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

KedarWolf
Level 10

Did you upgrade the firmware with the latest firmware update from the support site?

I have, yes..  I should have mentioned that. Also, latest Realtek drivers from the board's support site. Win10 Pro 22H2 with all the latest updates. 

Thanks!

You might want to try a different cable but I've read people have had problems with the S/PDIF.

Dzendrieh
Level 7

Thanks, yeah, I have tried two optical cables, but I would expect digital is digital. It seems more likely to be noise in the signal being sent to the speakers _or_ some noise in the amplifier inside the speakers.

It's a bummer if people have been having issues with S/PDIF. I suppose I could switch to a USB connection if the problem persists or becomes more bothersome. Maybe ASUS will do some more firmware updates.

Thanks!