cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair X670E Extreme, Alteration Mode Switch and V-Latch Switch?

Rob_Ainscough
Level 7
I don't understand the purpose of the 3 Alteration Mode switches? Why would I not always want Auto? Which I assume detects the correct Gen version for the GPU?

In addition, why would I not want V-Latch always enabled to have logging of True highest and True lowest voltages of Vcore?

Cheers, Rob.
4 REPLIES 4

Shamino
Rob Ainscough wrote:
I don't understand the purpose of the 3 Alteration Mode switches? Why would I not always want Auto? Which I assume detects the correct Gen version for the GPU?

In addition, why would I not want V-Latch always enabled to have logging of True highest and True lowest voltages of Vcore?

Cheers, Rob.

Alteration Mode: some users run PCIE ribbons to Gen4+ cards to tilt orientation. this can cause issues booting with the card. the mode forces the card to boot at a lower gen.

V-Latch continuously logs from beginning till end when enabled. this would mean almost 0 for the lowest point at boot and whatever highest it gets . with CPU Cstates the low will be almost always close to 0 as well. this reduces its usefulness in representing the voltage under a target workload or a specific scenario. therefore you want to "reset" it at the start and stop it at the end of frames much like you would with a video.

Rob_Ainscough
Level 7
Thanks for the response, more questions:

1. "reset" means I have to flip the switch to Off then back to On just before I start load testing?
2. What software uses or has access to this data? HWINFO64, AIDA64?

Cheers, Rob.

Shamino
1. "reset" means I have to flip the switch to Off then back to On just before I start load testing?
yes or just use hwinfo "reset" tab

2. What software uses or has access to this data? HWINFO64, AIDA64?
hwinfo, ai suite and the OLED on your physical Motherboard

Rob_Ainscough
Level 7
Excellent, thanks Shamino!

Cheers, Rob.