cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair x670e Extreme - After update to BIOS 0922 can't use EXPO anymore

decimus28
Level 10
I updated to 0922 to get ready for the x3d CPUs but now if I try to re-enable AMD Expo it will almost always POST into BIOS safe mode and ask to press F1 to setup or get stuck on memory testing. I reset BIOS to default and did the update like every other time I've done it on this board. I've been using this memory for months on all the other BIOS firmware updates without issues and haven't touched it, just updated the BIOS. Is this a known issue with a fix incoming?

EDIT: Turning on EXPO is the ONLY change from default BIOS.

EDIT 2: I tried setting Memory Context Restore to off, it got past POST once and then the issue came back, windows seemed perfectly stable when it got that far.
56 REPLIES 56

Just curious Shamino what is the original bios that came with this board from factory? bios 0420

decimus28
Level 10
No but I will try that when I go back to 0922 during my troubleshooting and see if that helps.

F1Aussie
Level 11
Think I wl be skipping this bios update!

decimus28
Level 10
I know that was for Olli2k but I wanted to note that I have tried setting SOC to 1.25v which was the 0805 stable voltage according to HWinfo and the highest I felt comfortable setting SOC. MB didn't POST once EXPO was re-enabled after I booted once non EXPO to check voltages in HWinfo.

Just to keep you up to date:
After changing CPU to 7950x3d I'm in a total mess. Every cold boot fails. No matter if it is DOCP I, DOCP II or auto. I need to enter bios every time, change any RAM setting and save. Then system boots with all of these options. System is booting every time after leaving bios without saving with standard RAM settings. I had several blue screens as well...
Had no problems on my 7600x.

decimus28
Level 10
I've tested 0923 beta and 0925 beta. As soon as EXPO is turned on they won't POST. I can't find 0921 to test.

decimus28 wrote:
I've tested 0923 beta and 0925 beta. As soon as EXPO is turned on they won't POST. I can't find 0921 to test.

Where did you get them?

decimus28
Level 10
Thank you, I'll try 0921 amd 0902 tonight.

decimus28
Level 10
0902 works correctly with EXPO, 0921 no longer works with EXPO.