cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair x670e Extreme - After update to BIOS 0922 can't use EXPO anymore

decimus28
Level 10
I updated to 0922 to get ready for the x3d CPUs but now if I try to re-enable AMD Expo it will almost always POST into BIOS safe mode and ask to press F1 to setup or get stuck on memory testing. I reset BIOS to default and did the update like every other time I've done it on this board. I've been using this memory for months on all the other BIOS firmware updates without issues and haven't touched it, just updated the BIOS. Is this a known issue with a fix incoming?

EDIT: Turning on EXPO is the ONLY change from default BIOS.

EDIT 2: I tried setting Memory Context Restore to off, it got past POST once and then the issue came back, windows seemed perfectly stable when it got that far.
56 REPLIES 56

decimus28
Level 10
I tried 0805 again and EXPO works fine with it.

decimus28
Level 10
Back to 0922 and it wont POST with EXPO.

decimus28 wrote:
Back to 0922 and it wont POST with EXPO.

What RAM are you using? here no worries with corsair CMH32GX5M2D6000Z36K

decimus28
Level 10
G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series 64GB (2 x 32GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000 (PC5 48000) Desktop Memory Model F5-6000J3040G32GX2-TZ5NR

Worked fine with the last couple BIOS updates.

09subie
Level 8
I was having the same exact issue. I previously was on 0805 bios for my X670-E Hero and had EXPO 1 at 6000mhz on for my tridentz neo ram. On that bios I didn't have any issues at all. I then updated to 0922 and started noticing these issues when I would restart the computer, it wouldn't even go to the BIOS screen and I'd need to clear the CMOS.

Just this afternoon I got my 7950x3d chip installed chipset and everything and still had the issue with EXPO enabled. I turned EXPO off and all the issues went away.

Like decimus28 said when I did get into windows with EXPO enabled everything seemed stable no issues with games or anything. Something is up with this BIOS...

Did you use Bios backup settings from USB? For me that did not work. i had to manually set all options, after loading default. Then it took 4 boots to work. On 2 of 4 boots error was displayed. I entered bios and exit it without any changes. After 4th boot everything works fine (with Expo).

Olli2k wrote:
Did you use Bios backup settings from USB? For me that did not work. i had to manually set all options, after loading default. Then it took 4 boots to work. On 2 of 4 boots error was displayed. I entered bios and exit it without any changes. After 4th boot everything works fine (with Expo).

Didn't help unfortunately.

09subie wrote:
I was having the same exact issue. I previously was on 0805 bios for my X670-E Hero and had EXPO 1 at 6000mhz on for my tridentz neo ram. On that bios I didn't have any issues at all. I then updated to 0922 and started noticing these issues when I would restart the computer, it wouldn't even go to the BIOS screen and I'd need to clear the CMOS.

Just this afternoon I got my 7950x3d chip installed chipset and everything and still had the issue with EXPO enabled. I turned EXPO off and all the issues went away.

Like decimus28 said when I did get into windows with EXPO enabled everything seemed stable no issues with games or anything. Something is up with this BIOS...

can u try manually setting soc voltage to 1.25v ~ 1.35v?

sample problem with G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5NR Memory Module 32 GB 2 x 16 GB DDR5 6000 MHz

0922 can't active EXPO modes

and with 0805 work all fine

any idea how to fix this?