cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Restarts X670E

Anthony_Kinson
Level 7
I know a few other people have mentioned this in various threads, and I can't for the life of me find a solution in the forums. I have the CROSSHAIR x670E Hero board and I am constantly being hard reset randomly throughout the day.

It's become unbearable, 6 hours into my work day and I have 32 hard restarts while I'm working, not even putting the system under any heavy load. It will restart while in chrome or while writing code in VSCode, if I leave the PC on the windows login screen it will hard restart after a few minutes of just sitting on the login screen.

I get the "early adopter" thing, but this board cost almost as much as a 7950X and I kind of expect a high-end product to work out of the box. i have no overclocks, i even have EXPO disabled and run everything at stock, and still issues. I'm running the latest 0750 bios (i couldn't even get into Windows with earlier bios versions that shipped!)

Weirdly, if I fire up a game, the hard resets don't seem to occur, putting the system under load seems to stabilize it to some degree. I've been using these crosshair boards since the 1800X CPU and never had these kinds of problems and I'm out of ideas on how to get this thing stable enough to work.

It's really disheartening when you spend thousands of £'s on a system upgrade for it to be so much worse than your old machine.

If anyone else has experienced this and found a fix I'd love to hear your solutions.

my pc info should be in my profile, but i'm running the 7950X, RTX 4090 and 64GB DDR5 (2x 32GB) @ 5200 (although recently disabled EXPO)

UPDATE: If you're having this issue I found setting the windows power plan to "High Performance" prevented the random restarts. It's not a "fix" but it should at least stop the reset until a proper fix is implemented.
31 REPLIES 31

Shamino
mike this sounds like an overly optimistic Precision boost behavior.
i know u have not touched curve optimizer, but can u try entering the PBO submenu and setting curve optimizer all cores to say positive 6?

Setting UCLK=MEMCLK did not fix the issue, it did however allow me to run the memory at 6000MHZ with no issues. I just set the PBO to positive 6 so we'll see how that goes.

Nope, PBO of positive 6 did not fix the issue.

so I just had 2 random restarts again, after a few days with no issues.

Checked my windows power plan and it had been automatically changed to "Power Saver" (by what, I don't know, but it changed)

Set it back to "High Performance" and I'm good again...

Very strange.

Jagguw
Level 8
Anthony Kinson wrote:
I know a few other people have mentioned this in various threads, and I can't for the life of me find a solution in the forums. I have the CROSSHAIR x670E Hero board and I am constantly being hard reset randomly throughout the day.

It's become unbearable, 6 hours into my work day and I have 32 hard restarts while I'm working, not even putting the system under any heavy load. It will restart while in chrome or while writing code in VSCode, if I leave the PC on the windows login screen it will hard restart after a few minutes of just sitting on the login screen.

I get the "early adopter" thing, but this board cost almost as much as a 7950X and I kind of expect a high-end product to work out of the box. i have no overclocks, i even have EXPO disabled and run everything at stock, and still issues. I'm running the latest 0750 bios (i couldn't even get into Windows with earlier bios versions that shipped!)

Weirdly, if I fire up a game, the hard resets don't seem to occur, putting the system under load seems to stabilize it to some degree. I've been using these crosshair boards since the 1800X CPU and never had these kinds of problems and I'm out of ideas on how to get this thing stable enough to work.

It's really disheartening when you spend thousands of £'s on a system upgrade for it to be so much worse than your old machine.

If anyone else has experienced this and found a fix I'd love to hear your solutions.

my pc info should be in my profile, but i'm running the 7950X, RTX 4090 and 64GB DDR5 (2x 32GB) @ 5200 (although recently disabled EXPO)

Same issue here, I even replaced the ram with expo kits and have no overclock but I have heard countless people saying that the problem is actually CPU and there are a lot of faulty 7950x, so I am getting mine replaced too maybe along with a new motherboard because mine is giving me the weirdest Q-code along with the constant BSOD

zoobzone
Level 7
I'm also getting the same random restarts Strix 670E-A and 7700X. UCLK=MEMCLK actually produces more crashes, if I leave it auto it crashes maybe once a day.

zoobzone wrote:
I'm also getting the same random restarts Strix 670E-A and 7700X. UCLK=MEMCLK actually produces more crashes, if I leave it auto it crashes maybe once a day.

Try changing the Windows Power Plan to "High Performance" and see if that helps. seems odd but seems to have worked for me.

Anthony Kinson wrote:
Try changing the Windows Power Plan to "High Performance" and see if that helps. seems odd but seems to have worked for me.

Will do, I'll try and see if it still restarts.

I also set the power plan to performance and for the first time it actually didn't reset overnight. it's too soon to tell if that's a full fix but it definitely made an improvement. I also went full on aggressive with the power curve and put it down to negative 30 and it's still stable.

zoobzone
Level 7
Still crashed with performance power plan.