cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B650E-F Gaming + Ryzen 5 7600x + kf560c36bbek2-16 2x8. I can' t install the system

boyan38
Level 7
Hello everyone,
I assambled new configuration yesterday and now I have a problem. Everything boots fine in BIOS and I have a problem to install the system from the USB flash. When I start installing the system it continuously stops and reboots so I can' t overcome the first logo screen. I tried with various solutions but I didn' t succeed. Can anybody help me?
10 REPLIES 10

fortiscrew1
Level 7
Sorry to hear of your challenges. Please ensure that you have connected the 8 pin power plug, or both the 8 pin and 4 pin power plug. These connections supply power to the CPU. If this is not the problem then check your PSU.

Hello, I forgot to mention that the power supply is also new FSP Hydro PTM pro 1200w pcie 5.0 atx 3.0 I connected both 8 pin and 4 pin. I really have no idea what it could be.

do you have more than one drive connected? Just have one so you or windows does not confuse which one the install is going to.

I have samsung 980 pro 256gb, kingston kc3000 1tb and ssd biostar s120 1tb. I tried to connect each separately with no success. I have never come across such a problem that with different usb flash and different win 10 or 11 systems I can't start the installation. The only thing is that I don't have other components to rule out if some component is defective. Although everything works fine in the board's bios and the LEDs do not show any problem. I'm sorry, but I find this really frustrating. I don't feel like going into the rma process, it takes a long time here.

I see where the Samsung and Kingston are NVME PCIE Gen 4.0. The biostar is Sata III.How did you format your flash drive? Is NVME Raid enabled in the bios and in which slot have you installed your boot drive?

USB is formatted in fat32 system with the help of media creation tool from Microsoft. Samsung is in the first slot above the graphics card. Nvme raid is not enabled in bios. But when there is only one ssd left in the system, it behaves the same way. I'm currently on bios 0821, I don't know if it would help if I return the bios to an older version.

boyan38 wrote:
USB is formatted in fat32 system with the help of media creation tool from Microsoft. Samsung is in the first slot above the graphics card. Nvme raid is not enabled in bios. But when there is only one ssd left in the system, it behaves the same way. I'm currently on bios 0821, I don't know if it would help if I return the bios to an older version.

BIOS is fine and not your issue. Maybe try remaking the USB install? Also, I assume you boot off the USB with UEFI mode?
Beyond that, sounds like something on the board is borked.

Yes usb is in uefi mode. I'm convinced now that it's definitely a hardware problem, the only question is how to determine if it's the motherboard or the ram memory or maybe the processor. I say this because I installed the system on my Samsung SSD at a friend's PC. when I insert that ssd, the same thing happens to me as with usb. Definitely, the board will not boot from any source, it only enters the bios.