cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B650e-f: Fresh Win 11 22h2 Installation Bootstick - No Ethernet / Wireless during Windows Setup

paulchen2000
Level 8

Hi there,

i downloaded the latest USB Stick ISO Build for Windows 11 2h22. In this Build you can not Install your Windows without Internet.

Sadly the Ethernet and Wireless Driver need to install manually and the is no way to get to the internet within the windows 11 setup.

How do you solve this? Is there any cheap USB Ethernetcard that will work in Win 11 Setup?

6 REPLIES 6

Jimbo93
Level 12

The tutorials at elevenforum.com are thorough and reliable. Here is the normal clean install tutorial

Clean Install Windows 11

thx for your answer but it doesnt help. In the latest Build (and in future builds) there will be no option "i have no internet connection"

So, you are saying that Brink who makes the tutorials over there and is like a microsoft MVP since forever has a tutorial that misses that critical part? I seriously doubt it. There has to be a solution over at elevenform.

Jimbo93
Level 12

Read step 16 of the tutorial, there is a work around. And it applies to build 22621 as shown in the picture.

Murph_9000
Level 14

This FAQ should solve it.  Windows (even 22H2) doesn't have a sufficiently up to date driver for the Ethernet chips in the newest boards, but you can load the driver during setup.  Although it's essentially the same I-225 chip that's been out for a while (and Windows does have an old driver for it), you need a new driver to get Windows to recognise the new variant of it.

[Motherboard] Troubleshooting - How to install Windows 11 Pro/Home operate system on AM5 or Intel Z7...

Six of one, half a dozen of the other. In other words I already posted a solution that is known to work with 22H2. But maybe he will like yours better.