cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B650E-F - 30 Seconds From Powering the Computer Until I Hear the Beep and See the Image

ozzzy83
Level 8

Ok, so I built my new machine in June this year, and at first, all was fine; I would turn on the PC and hear the beep immediately, and the Asus logo, and so on. Then, all of sudden, after two weeks or so, after powering up the PC, or if I do reset, it takes up to 30 seconds until I hear the beep, the LEDs turn green, and I see the image. In the meanwhile, I flashed two BIOS updates, and nothing changed in that matter. After flashing to the latest BIOS, it started to boot again quickly after powering up the machine, but guess again, it lasted one week or so, then it started again to take the whole 30 seconds until I see the image. What's the problem?

My specifications are ASUS B650E-F AM5, Ryzen 9 7950X, 32 Gb DDR5 6000 Mhz CL36 Adata LANCER RGB Ram, ASUS GeForce DUAL 3070 8 Gb, 1TB Samsung 980 NVMe drive, 2TB WDC Black HDD 7200 rpm, and 1TB Seagate HDD 7200 rpm drive, Corsair RMx 750W V2 (2021 version). Today, I changed the PSU and got Corsair RMx Shift 1200W, yet the problem remains.

14 REPLIES 14

aggrophobik
Level 7

Mine does this with EXPO enabled. I tried the Memory Context Restore "fix" but that ended up just blue screening and I even had to reflash bios. I just deal with it at this point.

ozzzy83
Level 8

Well, it seems that the solution was to turn memory context restore on two sides in bios, not just on one side like I did, after that, now it is starting quickly every time even with expo on.

Thanks ozzzy83. Fixed my choice of either having slow boot times or crashing on cold start up. I now get fast booting.

I'm glad that I helped. It was a really annoying problem, and I saw most people recommending turning only first or second to on, but that was not the solution. Then I experimented and turned both to see what would happen. Voila. But interestingly, cold boot loads windows in seconds literally, while warm boot takes a bit longer, but it is still quick, with no postponed beep. Interesting, cause somehow I thought that a warm boot should be quicker than a cold one, lol.

AndersT
Level 7

on two sides in bios?

I think if you do a search for the setting, there's 2 different places in the bios that it can be disabled. There was a post floating around that indicated only disabling one of the settings. I only tried disabling the one setting, not both. Now I'm hesitant to try again, as when I tried it the first time, I ended up having to reflash the bios to get the pc to boot again.

Yeah, two different places. On mine, I had it turned on in place one and then off in place two. But I turned them on on both sides, and after the restart, maybe the first restart was still slow, and then from tomorrow on, it was always so quick, for two weeks in a row, I think. Try to turn them both on, and see what happens if you haven't tried.

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi,

I have/use this motherboard myself (ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi) with BIOS 2001 and with an AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D & G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 6000MHz CL30 - 32GB (2 x 16GB) - F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR (which are in QVL) @ 6000Hz 1:1 (UCLK=MCLK).

MCR (Memory Context Restore), which reduces drastically the boot time by reusing/keeping the RAM training once carried out instead of redoing RAM training at each boot, must not be enabled in two different places (MCR in the Advanced tab > AMD CBS > DDR Options > DDR Memory Features category must not be Enabled and must be left in Auto).

Here is how to proceed :

1 - Once in your BIOS, press F7 to switch in Advanced Mode
2 - Go to the AI Tweaker tab > Ai Overclock Tuner : EXPO Tweaked (or EXPO I if EXPO Tweaked is not available for your RAM)
3 - Still in the AI Tweaker tab > DRAM Timig Control :

Power Down Enable : Enabled
Memory Context Restore : Enabled (enabling MCR will enable automatically Power Down Enable)

- Also, to enable 1:1 (UCLK=MCLK) mode : Still in the AI Tweaker tab > DRAM Timig Control :

UCLK DIV1 MODE : UCLK=MEMCLK

Awesome.. i have the exact same hardware