cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B650E-E Can't get back into BIOS

09Kr0058
Level 7

New build with the ROG STRIX B650E-E and after completing the Windows 10 Pro install, I can't get back in to the BIOS.  When booting up, I've tried hitting the F2 key multiple times and even holding it down while booting up, but it always goes to the Windows login screen.  Also tried this process using the delete key, still can't get to the BIOS.  I then remembered the Windows power setting "Turn on fast startup" and turned that off.  Still, I can't get back into the BIOS when booting up from a powered-down system.

What am I missing?

24 REPLIES 24

I’ve already tested that…

- If we completely remove the 3080 ti GPU, completely uninstall the nVidia drivers with the DDU utility and connect the video directly to the CPU's integrated video, the issue seems to work. Except the overclock of the RAM.

So install new driver will still the same situation?

Do you use pcie extension cable?

No pcie extension cable, no psu customized cables, everything by default in evga supernova 1000 g5

09Kr0058
Level 7

Finally got this resolved, quite by accideent.

I have a bootable USB stick with a bunch of utilities and tried booting from it.  The boot went straight to Windows, so I tried again by hooking the display port -> DVI adapter up so I could get to the BIOS.  Once there, I didn't see the USB stick.  After poking around in the BOOT section of the BIOS, I noticed that it was set to UEFI mode and there was an option there for UEFI/Legacy.  I selected that option and was able to boot from the USB.

Once I was done with that, on a hunch, I plugged the DVI cable back into the graphics card.  Sure enough, when I booted up normally, I was able to get to the BIOS.

Hope this helps someone else.  This was driving me nuts, as I knew the issue just had to be a setting somewhere in the BIOS.

Thank you so much ! I had the same issue.