cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B650-A ROG STRIX odd USB problem

RaidenSix
Level 7

New build with the ASUS B650 Plus ROG Strix with an AMD 7600X CPU.

Everything went fine with the Windows 11 install. While using the PC, I noticed the USB flash drive getting the "Unrecognized device" error. So far, this affects all my Sandisk Cruzer flash drives. My Windows 11 laptop have no problem reading the drives. Here's the weird part, the same Sandisk flash drive used from the Windows 11 installation is now also not recognized. I was pretty sure it worked earlier so I did another fresh W11 install. The Sandisk drives are all readable UNTIL the Asus chipset drivers are installed. After that, none of the Sandisks are recognized in any USB2.0 or USB3.0 port. Other brands like PNY and Corsair still work though.

Anyone have any ideas what's going on?

8 REPLIES 8

Nate152

Hello RaidenSix

A strange issue for sure.

Are your drives formatted to FAT32?

RaidenSix
Level 7

Yes, they are FAT32.  The Sandisk Cruzers don't even show up in Manage PC Storage but are readable in other PC and when installing on this PC itself.

Thank you for reporting the issue with your Sandisk drives not being detected after installing the chipset driver.

There are some suggestions in this article, let me know if anything in here helps you.

7 Fixes: SanDisk Cruzer Not Recognized in Windows 10, 8, 7 (diskpart.com)

frenzyff
Level 10

This happens on X670E - Extreme also. thought that my sticks where faulty. but seeing this topic it does not seem so

RaidenSix
Level 7

@Nate152 , yes, I saw that before and tried them without success before posting about the issue on the forum. The Sandisk Cruzers don't even show up on Manage Storage but as mentioned, work perfectly well on other computers.

Nate152

Sorry to hear none of those suggestions worked and I'm not sure I have a fix but...

Try formatting your Sandisk Cruzer to NTFS.

Can also try changing the power management.

In Device Manager, double click on each USB Root Hub you see, this will bring up properties. Click Power Management, uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

root hub.png

RaidenSix
Level 7

No luck with those suggestions.  thx

Nate152

Thank you

Have you updated to the latest motherboard bios? This can help with compatibility.