cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus X670E HERO Problem

sandrino71
Level 7
Small premise, previously I owned an asus x570 ch8 with amd 3900x cpu.
Now I bought a x670e hero with amd 7950x cpu (bios updated to vers. 0705) combined with 32 gb of kingston 6400 ram 2x16gb set at 6000 mhz.
Already at the first start-ups I noticed some defects that can be solved in a short time by asus also considering the cost of this motherboard.
First flaw, biblical start times, my old x570 takes a lot less than half the time to start windows.
Second defect, when windows goes into suspend or is paused, when restarting the audio output via optical spdif does not work and you have to restart the pc.
I understand that the platform is new, but is it possible that it has two similar defects? Given the cost and what I was used to with the old x570 I honestly did not expect to find such problems.
I sincerely hope that asus hurries to release these updates because especially the start so long irritates not a little.
7 REPLIES 7

Tsikos
Level 10
Yeah this problem with optical also exist on strix -e

Tsikos wrote:
Yeah this problem with optical also exist on strix -e

are you serious?
And they haven't solved it?
Are you telling me that I have to keep a PAID motherboard 750 euro with a similar defect?

sandrino71 wrote:
are you serious?
And they haven't solved it?
Are you telling me that I have to keep a PAID motherboard 750 euro with a similar defect?

It's a new platform all problems will be fixed by the time.

sandrino71
Level 7
I really hope so because spending certain amounts one would like at least the main things to work as they should. LET'S WAIT

Othello
Level 7
sandrino71 wrote:
Small premise, previously I owned an asus x570 ch8 with amd 3900x cpu.
Now I bought a x670e hero with amd 7950x cpu (bios updated to vers. 0705) combined with 32 gb of kingston 6400 ram 2x16gb set at 6000 mhz.
Already at the first start-ups I noticed some defects that can be solved in a short time by asus also considering the cost of this motherboard.
First flaw, biblical start times, my old x570 takes a lot less than half the time to start windows.
Second defect, when windows goes into suspend or is paused, when restarting the audio output via optical spdif does not work and you have to restart the pc.
I understand that the platform is new, but is it possible that it has two similar defects? Given the cost and what I was used to with the old x570 I honestly did not expect to find such problems.
I sincerely hope that asus hurries to release these updates because especially the start so long irritates not a little.

You can change your boot time by disabling the memory training during each restart. This is done under DRAM Timing Control/Memory Context Restore set to enable and your boot times will be improved.

Othello wrote:
You can change your boot time by disabling the memory training during each restart. This is done under DRAM Timing Control/Memory Context Restore set to enable and your boot times will be improved.

yes, thanks I have also seen others who have recommended this thing, and luckily everything seems to work much better by enabling that voice.
So the system in startup is much faster

now I wait for them to fix the spdif problem

loveden
Level 7

J'ai le même problème avec ma carte x670e plus de son en optique. ASUS PEUT IL NOUS AIDER ??????