Hi dear ASUS ROG community,
It's been quite the hiatus from *this forum for me, about 15+ years i think. I am about to embark on a journey, which i am guessing won't be free of issues and irritation, although i am optimistic. 🙂
It's been a good, give or take 15 years since i built my last enthusiast desktop PC (don't remember which intel platform it was back then), but been using company laptops ever since. Over the last two years, the need for a powerful desktop PC has come about. And after much consideration and reading, i took the bait and spent my hard earned cash on a new AMD build december 2022 (complete build in sig).
Like many of us, having a quite busy schedule with work, family, friends and whatnot. I am in the process of completing my build and turning it on for the first time. I've spent quite some time reading the "X670 resource" thread, other AMD 600 threads and AM5 reddit threads. And in short, i am prepared for the worst outcome. 😂
Been holding off for new BIOS updates over the past half year, expecting ASUS and AGESA to get their act together.
I want to ask for some general advice/guidance in regards of:
* BIOS tweaking: are there any good written or video guides that explain in detail
what the different bios settings represent and do other than the manual?
* In relation to the known issues with AMD CPUs and AM5: are there any guides explaining how to set CPU and RAM voltages, within safe limits?
* Is there any obvious bloatware from Asus that i should dodge when installing drivers and software?
* Other than that i am thinking of maybe underclocking my CPU a bit to keep it as cool as possible. Any tips on that?
* Should dodge the RAM EXPO configuration until Asus and AGESA get it sorted in terms of a new BIOS update?
* Also, any input on current standard system stability benchmark tools for CPU, RAM, GPU and storage are much appreciated.
I am aiming for system stability at first, rather than taking the overclocking route to begin with.
All input is greatly appreciated.