asus prime x670e pro setting up the AIO

askin
Level 7

hi

I'm confuse about where to connect the radiator pump of 
mag coreliguid 240 v2 
either w_pump+ that works at full speed 3W
or AIO_pump also full speed but 1W

also, do you think the 280 radiator pump will be sufficient to cool down Ryzen 9 7900x?

cheers

3 REPLIES 3

Cifu
Level 7

Hi!

Why abandon trying the Manual?
There is a very plain and simple image about your mobo with all of the components and connectors.
The AIO pump header is the middle one of the top three 4 pin connector:

AIO_cooling.jpg

Even a single tower 12cm air cooler can be enough for a stock 7900X, and even a 360 AIO can't be enough if you overclock it. 
So it's depending what you want. If you do not want to overclock (like PBO) the 280 AIO is more than enough.
If you planning a heavy overclock and use all the headroom your system capable, then you still will see 95°C temp all over...

thanks !
i read a thousand instructions abt it
but my paper version says "For water cooling kits connect the pump connector to w_pump+ header" 
wich left me confused that maybe its more efficient coonnection
im not going to overload or overclock cpu trying to have fun with it for as long as possible

The AIO has lower wattage pump, and it's sit directly on the CPU.
The custom-built water cooling has a dedicated pump system, and because it's circulate a lot more water (CPU, GPU, even can be SSD and mobo), then they have had bigger performance.

The AIO pump control are can be control PWM style depending your CPU temperature, so it's "linked" to your CPU behaviour.
The custom built water cooling works differently, in most cases they watch the returning water temperature and can be spin up if that heating up.