cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMD x670e-i doesn't boot with no lights on my STRIX Hive

Toth
Level 7

Today my PC doesn't boot, but the strange thing is there are no lights at all on the STRIX hive. I  also get no display, and the VRM fans are at full blast permanently (usually when it POSTs they are set to spin down). So I assume the thing isn't booting at all.

I've had issues in the past where it failed to POST, but I've always had lights on the STRIX Hive (permanent red or yellow), and in those cases could reset it by setting the jumper for the "erase cmos". Here that didn't help either.

The thing is powered, all the fans are spinning, and the RGB lights are on my corsair ram.
Any ideas?

Any ideas on how I can further diagnose this, or does this mean the motherboard is dead?

2 REPLIES 2

Toth
Level 7

To add to the above, since I can't edit posts:

I took the board out of the case and had a look. It seems only the m2 fan from the board is spinning, the VRM fan does not spin at startup.

I also forgot to mention that the PC powers on from the switch, but since this started no longer powers off from the button, no matter how long I hold the button.

Jiaszzz_ROG
Customer Service Agent

Hello, @Toth 

May I ask if the situation you described happened after any changes were made? For example, adjusting the BIOS settings or connecting an external device
Based on the situation you described, we recommend trying to power off, disconnect the power, and then reinstall all hardware components.
Additionally, consider updating to the latest BIOS released on February 7, 2024, and clearing CMOS before checking again.
If necessary, try installing only the CPU, GPU, one RAM stick in the DIMM_A slot, and the PSU to verify if the system can boot.

Thank you.

sharing complete hardware info & software config details will help us better understand the issue 🙂