cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7800X3D + Asus Pro Art B650 Stuck on PCIe x8 (x16 only after a reboot! )

Eldeegee
Level 7

So i've been reading more stories of this strange problem.
I, unfortunately cannot reply to one of the previous posts.

7800X3D + Asus Pro Art B650 Stuck on PCIe x8 (x16 only after a reboot! )

My new system is a 7800X3d with a Pro Art B650.

I am on the latest BIOS and i tried all the settings in the BIOS for the PCIe.
I removed my M2 drive that was in the top slot, but it shouldn't even share lanes with the GPU.
I also tried and disabled EXPO, i tried reseating my CPU i tried with another M2 drive. I think i tried everything.

The only thing to get my GPU (4070) to work PCIe x16 is with a reboot!, with a cold boot, its always on PCIe x8 !.

(i also tried lowering the SoC voltage in the bios, it does NOTHING.)

I don't know what else to try ATM.

5 REPLIES 5

Zheega
Level 9

Similar problem here, my main PCIe slot sometimes gets stuck at PCIE x16 1.1 instead of x16 4.0. A reboot fixes it.

I'm running 7800x3d on ROG STRIX B650E-E GAMING WIFI.

So we have to wait for a firmware update??.. I saw some forum posts that messing with the SoC voltage fixes it, by lowering it. Or not using EXPO, but even that does nothing for me. Only a reboot works!

Eldeegee
Level 7

I just figured out, when my PC goes into Sleepmode, and when i wake it up again, i'm also back in PCIe x8, and again i have to reboot!. This is very frustrating

Eldeegee
Level 7

I send the MOBO back. I'm with an Gigabyte now and the problem is solved. Last Asus board for me.

Zheega
Level 9

I updated BIOS on my 7800x3d + ROG STRIX B650E-E GAMING WIFI  to new V2214, still the same problem. My 6800XT is sometimes stuck at PCIE x16 1.1. Most often after a reboot or after exiting sleep. Rebooting again usually solves it.