cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenStates: Error starting service

shipbreaker
Level 7
I tried overclocking using ZenStates and my PC crashed soon after. Now I'm getting "Error starting service" every time I try to run ZenStates. I suspect that the ZenStates settings are somehow corrupted, but I have no idea where the settings are located. I tried searching them from the file system and the registry, but no luck so far. Uninstalling ZenStates didn't help. Anyone know how I could reset the ZenStates settings and start over?
1 REPLY 1

syldon
Level 9
I take it that you mean P-states when you are referring to Zen states. You should make a back of your settings in the profile manager before starting to play with P-states. Then if things go awry, you can reset to default, then load up your good profile. If you cannot find out what you have messed then a reset to defaults is your best option.

I highlighted all the settings that you need to change to get P-states to work here.

A table on how to set your voltages is here:

All this was taken from a guide on Overclockers forum.

If you are getting crashes, then most likely your voltages within the P-state are wrong or/and your soc voltage is out. I work on soc voltage of 1.0250v and CPU @1.35v. It downclocks to 0.89v.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I set my cpu voltage to 0.0625 + offset. It was a tip someone posted to help with stability on heavy draw. I have no LN state active.