cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z490 Coming in June with better connectivity!

danjw
Level 10
It is shown in a leaked slide from a German company: https://www.anandtech.com/show/12711/german-it-distributor-publishes-amd-intel-roadmaps-z490-z390-8c...

Just a heads up for anyone who hasn't bought the Hero yet.
4 REPLIES 4

Angier
Level 7
Not everyone will need the additional lanes either and thus doesnt need to consider paying a premium for that, tho.

Zatarot
Level 7
I'd like the option to have a second M.2 ssd
I'd also like to use an M.2 ssd and not have PCI lanes cut from other devices on the PCI bus

The number of lanes X370/X470 has is not ideal it's just enough lanes to not be problematic for the average user.

Zatarot wrote:
I'd like the option to have a second M.2 ssd
I'd also like to use an M.2 ssd and not have PCI lanes cut from other devices on the PCI bus

The number of lanes X370/X470 has is not ideal it's just enough lanes to not be problematic for the average user.

The Crosshair vi extreme has dual m.2 just in case ur interested

Korth
Level 14
I guess x16/x16/x16/x16 multi-GPU with dual-M.2 RAID is still a little ways off, sadly.

I expect (hope) AMD's offerings will be substantially improved, it seems like their weak chipsets hold their great processors down ... so new chipsets could promise great things.
And I expect Intel's offerings will be less significant, another flagship part family running a whole 0.1GHz~0.2GHz faster, with higher costs and bigger version numbers and more meaningless Intel Technobabble™.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]