06-28-2022 08:41 AM
06-28-2022 09:19 AM
06-28-2022 09:34 AM
06-28-2022 10:14 AM
You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :
You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/7xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx).Avoid ZoneID blocking trouble :- For each downloaded .zip : ZoneID unblock the .zip (Right click on the .zip file > Properties > Check the box Unblock > OK).
- Disable the ZoneID blocking completely (you will no longer have to unblock each downloaded .zip) :- Right-click Windows Start button then click Launch then type gpedit.msc > OK
- User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Attachment Manager
- Do not preserve zone information in file attachment : Enabled > OK- Download needed drivers package from the first post of the thread.
- ZoneID unblock the .zip (Only if you have not disabled the ZoneID blocking) : Right click on the .zip file > Properties > Check the box Unblock > OK.
Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.
06-28-2022 10:47 AM
I did the procedure, but still no audio, the same does not appear in the device manager. I haven't tried the manual installation mode yet, I've attached the print of the device manager.
06-28-2022 11:06 AM
- Check that your BIOS is up to date (https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-crosshair/rog-crosshair-viii-formula-model/helpdesk_bios).
- Check that the audio controller is enabled in your BIOS.
- Turn off your PC > Turn off your PSU for 15 sec > Turn on your PSU > Turn on your PC.
If you still have the issue, contact ASUS Support : https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs (and/or open a thread here : ROG Care - Hardware & Software Support).
06-29-2022 12:22 PM
BIOS is up to date (version 4201)
HD audio controller is active in BIOS
turned off and on
The problem still persists, I still have no audio, but thanks for your attention.
06-30-2022 06:12 AM
Go your Realtek Audio Console
Go to Device Advanced Settings to the left bottom part.
Under Connector Retasking, swtich the jack's output and those of front panel's back and forth from headphone to speakers etc. until you get the audio.
07-04-2022 11:47 AM
I can't enter these settings, because I don't have a DRIVER/CONTROLLER to do that, so I can't change the outputs, because they don't appear. Realtek software is installed but does not appear.