This is my first build in 15 years so I may be missing something simple,
SPECS
ASUS Tuf gaming X570 wifi
Ryzen 5 5600x with stock amd cooler
rog strix 5600xt
4 x 16gb g skill trident z 3200mhz 1.35v
be quiet pure power 11 700w
BIOS 2812-installed by computer shop

My problem is it wont boot with 4 sticks of ram ....it did boot with one stick in A2.
I have tried
reseating the CPU and checking pins and varying the cooler screw tension
swapping out all the sticks in A2......they all booted fine
I went into bios and upped the mhz to 3200mhz
went into bios and upped the voltage to 1.35v computer booted fine then i stuck 2 sticks in A! and A2......then the puter tried to start 3 times and went into qled Dram Orange light so I went back into bios and turned the voltage up to 1.38v and bam the computer booted up
I then tried all combinations of Ram In A1 and A2 and the computer booted fine.......so now as soon as I put any memory in b1or b2 the computer will not post and the dreaded DRAM light comes on. So im running on 32 gb(16gb x 2) in A1 and A2 atm.

Im sorta stuck atm and dont now where to go from here any help will be appreciated.
( I also went into msconfig and made sure that max memory wasnt restricted but it was doing this without windows installed)

*note I read on msi forum that their x570motherboards will not support memory in b1 and b2 with the ryzen 5 series processors yet until a bios up date comes out
22 REPLIES 22

RedSector73
Level 12
From the CPU RAM slots 2 & 4 need to be populated, which is A2 & B2.

You then enter BIOS select DOCP
something similar to this

Once you got boot and trained for 2 sticks, try all four.
You don't own a MSI board. What is going for any other motherboard is not always applicable to your motherboard.

just tried that and unfortunately it didnt fix the problem.......maybe the motherboard is defective?

Nate152
Hi SmokeyKilla

I see you have G.Skill Trident Z which should be Samsung B-Die Memory, double check your kit to make sure it is. If it is Samsung B-Die, you can safely up the Dram voltage to 1.50v.

You may also have to raise the SOC voltage.

SOC voltage - system on a chip voltage; responsible for the voltage related to the memory controller.
Limit: up to 1.2 V.

DRAM boot voltage - voltage at which memory training takes place at system start-up.
Limit: up to 1.45–1.50 V.

Does this get all four sticks working?

Ok i dont believe my Ram is samsung b die it is Trident Z F4-3200c16d-32GTZRX. So I upped the voltage to 1.45v the computer had four false starts (the cpu fan spun for 3 seconds then the orange qled light came on and it reset. I removed the memory from b1 and b2 and it posted. So I then upped the voltage to 1.48v and the computer had three false starts, orange qled light came on. I removed the memory from b1 and b2 and swapped it to a1 and a2 and it posted. I added the other memory back to b1 and b2 and orange light, no post.

With the SOC voltages mine is currently at .975 volts the option i have auto (which it is set to now) manual which wont let me change the voltage and offset, which has two sub menus + and -

cheers i appreciate your help

RedSector73
Level 12
@smokeyKilla b1, b2 a1, a2 is pointless you are not using diasy chain. The pairs work as A2 & B2 and A1 & B1. The DOCP to run correctly read from A2 & B2 and these MUST be populated.

Try to get 2xRAM working correctly first then move onto 4 sticks.

ok posts with ram in a2 only will not post with ram in a2 and b2, when everything in bios is set to auto orange qled light comes on.
when i set the bios to DOCP the computer tries to boot 3 times and then goes to the orange light, pull out b2 and it posts
change voltage from 1.35v to 1.4v to 1.48v computer tries to boot three times and orange light comes on pull out b2 and it posts

i tried all these scenarios mutiple times using different sticks and there is no change ...so the memory is ok.
Could it be the bios version I am using? 2812?
Or maybe the motherboard is defective?

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello, you want to set a manual SOC voltage. Try between 1.05 and 1.15v. For four modules of 16, you will likely require the higher side.

You may also need to adjust IOD VDDG and CCD. Try 1.05v and 0.98v respectively, these voltages should not exceed applied VSOC. You may also wish to try reseating the CPU and cooler, check for even mounting pressure, and ensure the surrounding stand off screws are not overtightend.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

RedSector73
Level 12
try the latest BIOS, cant hurt.

Unfortunately with an x570 -plus you cant set SOC Voltage its either auto, manual or offset which comes with a +/- apparently ASUS with budget boards wont allow you to change SOC voltage manually (when monitoring it varies between .975 and 1.05).

One thing I found several times but sounds like bull**** to me is several people have posted that their asus x570 with a ryzen 5 5600x will only post with one stick of ram. The 8 pin pwr connecter to the motherboard must have also the 4 pin connected as well? one person stated they had one 4 pin in the 8 pin connector and another 4 pin in the 4 pin connector to allow full dimm slots to be used......I only have a 4+4 power supply so I could only try the second one which didnt work.

I have reseated the CPU several times and varied the pressure on the screws (I am doubtful if this changes the pressure as the screws are spring loaded on the stock cooler).

I will try a bios update and see if that works.......and i just got a msg from linus tech tips saying there is a known problem with the bios on these boards lots of people have been getting the orange light and no post.......fingers crossed

Oh and for anyone reading this a lot of Tuf Gaming X570 -plus wif fi, x570 prime pro, Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (WI-FI) x570, asus rog strix x570 motherboards will not post with only a monitor in the HDMI port it must have a monitor in the display port for your first post, personally I have never ever heard of a computer not posting because of a monitor but it has happened to me and hundreds of other people, soon as I swapped ports it posted...and not just a visual thing the actual qleds became stuck on the green led (boot) and as soon as you swap the port.....bam it posted