cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X570-E issues with microphone

gorandroid
Level 7
Hi all, I own x570-E along with amd ryzen 5900x, i have a problem with my headset and microphone specifically, I've got Logitech g233 and when i test my microphone the voice sounds very muddy and it is very silent for some reason, I think there could be some serious problem in the audio driver itself. I've tried tunning mic boost but it doesn't fix my problem, and it usually changes on it's own, I've monitored it when i try to speak it decreases and increases on its own. Anyone with the same issue? I also did test it on my 2nd laptop PC and it works perfectly. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
7 REPLIES 7

primeshooter
Level 10
gorandroid wrote:
Hi all, I own x570-E along with amd ryzen 5900x, i have a problem with my headset and microphone specifically, I've got Logitech g233 and when i test my microphone the voice sounds very muddy and it is very silent for some reason, I think there could be some serious problem in the audio driver itself. I've tried tunning mic boost but it doesn't fix my problem, and it usually changes on it's own, I've monitored it when i try to speak it decreases and increases on its own. Anyone with the same issue? I also did test it on my 2nd laptop PC and it works perfectly. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

I had same problem, either static or very low volume at the mic (esp the header ports). Install the drivers for it and it should work.

primeshooter wrote:
I had same problem, either static or very low volume at the mic (esp the header ports). Install the drivers for it and it should work.

I have the latest audio driver from Armory Crate software. Or you mean some other drivers?

primeshooter wrote:

up!

Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Okay thanks, but how come you release them? I only see the driver from 2019 on asus official support page and this one is like 2021.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

If i've chosen the correct driver for my mobo, i am at the part where i need to delete .inf files, can you check this screenshot because i don't see only "a-volute" etc... but i have "a-volutenh3aposwc.inf" and similar... thank you!

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

I'm glad I found your comment here!

I was having all kind of erratic behaviour until I found this. For some reason, the audio glitches with other older audio drivers and were causing my games and OS to crash and reboot.

Hopefully, this has sorted out everything as I haven't seen anything crash for a while now.