cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X570 E gaming Latest Bios boot issue

primeshooter
Level 10
Since updating to 4408 (I think that is the correct number), PC still booting fine, but when I push the power button everything turns on, aura lights, all fans, and about 1 second passes everything shuts off, 3-4 second pause then it starts as normal? Any reason why it is suddenly doing this with the new bios?

Bios is unmodded apart from DOCP activated to run at 3600 than 2600 which it defaults too. This has not been an issue with any other bios.

Ryzen 3900x
128 GB RGB Trident Z DDR4 3600 Ram
Nvidia 1070 8GB
Op system drive - 1 TB Samsung M.2
Installed latest chipset driver but no difference.

I read somewhere that this is normal, that is it for full memory training. In windows, I can see that I am still sucessfully running at 3600 (essentially an over clock then). What are your thoughts? It's a changed behaviour with this bios but perhaps it will be more stable? Is it bad to allow this to occur every boot?
9 REPLIES 9

primeshooter
Level 10
No one?

I'm also getting this and also noticed another peculiarity, that being system reverting to fTPM in every boot, no idea though if it's due newest bios or dTPM module not working.

primeshooter
Level 10
Hey thanks for chiming in. What is ftmp? I had a feeling it was something to do with that tmp enabled thing for Windows 11. How do you know it is reverting to whatever ftmp is? Or dtmp?

fTPM is firmware TPM that is ran on cpu, dTPM is discrete TPM which is separate module inserted into header on motherboard. And how i noticed was by setting it to dTPM in bios, then booting and going back and it was switched to fTPM, also running tpm.msc in windows shows AMD as TPM manufacturer, so its fTPM that's in use.

Templabrat wrote:
fTPM is firmware TPM that is ran on cpu, dTPM is discrete TPM which is separate module inserted into header on motherboard. And how i noticed was by setting it to dTPM in bios, then booting and going back and it was switched to fTPM, also running tpm.msc in windows shows AMD as TPM manufacturer, so its fTPM that's in use.

Do you recommend me trying to switch it from Ftpm to Dtpm and see if it goes away? I think the bios update puts it to ftmp as default, or is it the other way around?

J_Bish
Level 10
D.O.C.P can cause this as well I think as the ram is overclocking (only supports 3200 non o.c.)... MIne only restarts 1 time after I set ram to desired speed just via drop down menu and I do not set the D.O.C.P profile

J Bish wrote:
D.O.C.P can cause this as well I think as the ram is overclocking (only supports 3200 non o.c.)... MIne only restarts 1 time after I set ram to desired speed just via drop down menu and I do not set the D.O.C.P profile

It can yes, but as I said in my case, it hasn't had a problem on any other bios and I've kept up with the updates. So it looks like the new TMP thing.

J_Bish
Level 10
Cant really go by what a previous bios did or how it acted, changes in bios can change behavior... I would disable the D.O.C.P and see if it does it... Narrow it down...

J Bish wrote:
Cant really go by what a previous bios did or how it acted, changes in bios can change behavior... I would disable the D.O.C.P and see if it does it... Narrow it down...

I will do this later. Interestingly though, this problem isn't causing a switchdown to 2600MHZ, it still runs at 3600 so XMP is working then.