cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X570 dark hero owners. What amp dynamic switch do you set?

Jaz11
Level 7
I've dialed in my 5900x pretty well with a PBO that hits 5.15ghz perf clocks and up to 4.9ghz effective clocks. Then switches to 4.7ghz all core with the dynamic OC switching.

However running the default recommend 44amp switch I find games can easily hit that 45amps for a second or 2 then back down under.

What do you guys set as your amp switch? Do you use the hysteris settings to make sure the higher load is there for a few seconds?
1 REPLY 1

Shamino
Jaz11 wrote:
I've dialed in my 5900x pretty well with a PBO that hits 5.15ghz perf clocks and up to 4.9ghz effective clocks. Then switches to 4.7ghz all core with the dynamic OC switching.

However running the default recommend 44amp switch I find games can easily hit that 45amps for a second or 2 then back down under.

What do you guys set as your amp switch? Do you use the hysteris settings to make sure the higher load is there for a few seconds?

it all depends on how well tuned your pbo is.
if u just enable pbo a single ccd chip would have its oc freq cross its pbo freq at the 45A region. a 2ccd ~ 55A
if u tweak your pbo with CO etc, you will cross the freq later
just use prime 95 from one thread to n threads to see where the amps are at the pbo freq that dips right below your oc freq and set that
the crossing back and forth is exactly what you want because you want to opportunistically run the higher freq any chance you get.