cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X570 Dark Hero OC Switching issues 3003

mmolletit
Level 7
Hello there,

recently got my hands on a X570 Dark Hero MB, updated to latest Bios 3003.
In my opinion the OC Switcher is completly broken. I tried the very same settings that der8auer did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CEFQxsgZ20

I also tried with 4.5Ghz and 4.4Ghz ... it doesent make any difference.

The System reboots randomly. One boot i can do single core or multicore CB20 runs, the very next boot without changing anything the system reboots as soon as i click eighter single cpu run or multi cpu run. I tried to nail it down for nearly a week now. I tried with different offsets, turning off SMT, removed addition pcix cards. And alot of other things. There HAVE TO BE a bug in this OC Switcher thing.

I somehow think that eighter the Load Line Calibration is set to the wrong option when on Auto or something else. I cant seem to find a setting to get it stable.

Please FIX this issue, i only bought the Mainboard (already had an Impact VIII) because of this very feature.

Its not the CPU, i already replaced it from a Friend and he also have a Dark and have the very same issues. Its like someone is pushing the reset button on the mainboard.
12 REPLIES 12

Dancop_HWBOT
Level 8
I have exactly the same issues... Sure, my goal is usually to kick out the most of the hardware, but I wanted to use this technology for my daily rig and was kinda disappointed that it won't do, what it's supposed to do.

Just got my 5900X, finally.

Not rushing to update the BIOS yet.
A Mind Forever Voyaging... Across The Universe

Shamino
mmolletit wrote:
Hello there,

recently got my hands on a X570 Dark Hero MB, updated to latest Bios 3003.
In my opinion the OC Switcher is completly broken. I tried the very same settings that der8auer did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CEFQxsgZ20

I also tried with 4.5Ghz and 4.4Ghz ... it doesent make any difference.

The System reboots randomly. One boot i can do single core or multicore CB20 runs, the very next boot without changing anything the system reboots as soon as i click eighter single cpu run or multi cpu run. I tried to nail it down for nearly a week now. I tried with different offsets, turning off SMT, removed addition pcix cards. And alot of other things. There HAVE TO BE a bug in this OC Switcher thing.

I somehow think that eighter the Load Line Calibration is set to the wrong option when on Auto or something else. I cant seem to find a setting to get it stable.

Please FIX this issue, i only bought the Mainboard (already had an Impact VIII) because of this very feature.

Its not the CPU, i already replaced it from a Friend and he also have a Dark and have the very same issues. Its like someone is pushing the reset button on the mainboard.

are u setting the ratios or voltage from the main menu?
you should leave them auto and only set the perccx vid and ratios

I have also a problem with the OC-Switching Feature. I am on BIOS 3101 and the OC-Switching isn't always kicking in when the threshold (45A in my Case) is passed. Most time it works, but sometimes it doesn't. In this case the CPU Core Current is for example 150A and the board isn't switching to OC-Mode and stays at PBO.

ASUS please fix it.

Shamino
there is also the calibrated temperature to switch back to pbo setting which is 75C.
so it could also stay at pbo if calibrated temperature is higher than 75c, you can set 150C to stay in oc mode entirely as hot as it gets.

Shamino wrote:
there is also the calibrated temperature to switch back to pbo setting which is 75C.
so it could also stay at pbo if calibrated temperature is higher than 75c, you can set 150C to stay in oc mode entirely as hot as it gets.

Thx for the tip. But even when setting it to 140C it doesn't switch to OC-Mode. By the way: My tempratures in OC Mode are unter 70C.
I can also reproduce the wrong behavior easily with the AIDA64 Stabilitytest. With Cinebench 20 it mostly works as intended.

Shamino
try setting hysteresis to 1 or 2

Shamino wrote:
try setting hysteresis to 1 or 2

No doesn't help either.
Don't you have the same behaviour? Try AIDA64 Stability Test and watch the CPU Core VID (Effective) in HWInfo.

Hoppel wrote:
No doesn't help either.
Don't you have the same behaviour? Try AIDA64 Stability Test and watch the CPU Core VID (Effective) in HWInfo.

yes i can replicate with aida stability test
contacted aida, seems like some race condition
sorting this out with them