cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X570 Crosshair HERO Start Problem (New BIOS Update 4201)

Orodruin
Level 7
I am an Asus Crosshair VIII Hero user.

My system has 5900X processor, Asus ROG CH8 motherboard, 4X16GB Gskill TridentZ NEO 3600Mhz GTZNC ram, EVGA RTX3070TI FTW3 and BeQuiet Straightpower 11 850Watt Gold 80+ power supply.

I was using bios 4006 before. I updated to the latest 4201.

But after updating I am having an interesting problem. Sometimes when I try to start the computer, it won't turn on. This happens very rarely. For example, I turn off the computer in the evening. When I come home from work the next day, I press the power button to turn it on, but there is no response.

When I press the power off button on the PSU, cut the power and turn it back on, I can start the computer. I was not facing such a problem when the previous BIOS version (4006) was installed.

Has anyone had such a problem with the new BIOS version? (4201)
AMD RYZEN 9 7900X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-E GAMING WIFI | ASUS ROG STRIX LC III 360 ARGB | G.SKILL TridentZ5 NEO RGB 2X24GB 6400Mhz CL32 | ASUS TUF Radeon RX 7800XT | Asus ROG Strix SCOPE | Asus ROG GLADIUS II CORE | XPG SX8200PRO 2TB nVME | Corsair RM1000x Shift 80+ Gold | Corsair 5000D Case
2 REPLIES 2

BillBittel
Level 12
There is a thread that is now 37 pages long about this problem, mainly for the Dark Hero but there are posts about other models also having this problem. Asus has acknowledged the issue. I think they determined that its a hardware issue. They were offering warranty exchanges but you end up with a refurbed mobo. I think even that fizzled out.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?125064-Asus-dark-hero-startup-issue

edit to add - Oh I see you found that thread and already posted on it. Good luck!

BillBittel wrote:
There is a thread that is now 37 pages long about this problem, mainly for the Dark Hero but there are posts about other models also having this problem. Asus has acknowledged the issue. I think they determined that its a hardware issue. They were offering warranty exchanges but you end up with a refurbed mobo. I think even that fizzled out.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?125064-Asus-dark-hero-startup-issue

edit to add - Oh I see you found that thread and already posted on it. Good luck!

I thought the problem was with the BIOS. I reverted to the old BIOS version but the problem recurred.

I contacted the Asus representative by sending a private message. I live in Turkey. I hope I can replace my motherboard. Because the problem seems to be permanent.
AMD RYZEN 9 7900X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-E GAMING WIFI | ASUS ROG STRIX LC III 360 ARGB | G.SKILL TridentZ5 NEO RGB 2X24GB 6400Mhz CL32 | ASUS TUF Radeon RX 7800XT | Asus ROG Strix SCOPE | Asus ROG GLADIUS II CORE | XPG SX8200PRO 2TB nVME | Corsair RM1000x Shift 80+ Gold | Corsair 5000D Case