cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X470 Strix NO BIOS access , WIn10 boots OK , please help

vlsixx
Level 7
I made the mistake of disabling CMS and fast boot.
PC worked fine before change no issues for years.

F2 or DEL can't get into BIOS. Screen shows nothing but ALWAYS loads win10 OK
So Far I did the following:

(first removed all cables , disconnected power cable before steps below)

Clear CMOS with Jumper
Removed battery for 5min , and shorted jumper
Try PS2 keyboard F2 and DEL

Try to get into BIOS through WIN10 troubleshoot/advance, same thing, it boots back up into windows

PC always boots into windows, Monitor shows no message until windows is loaded.

LED stays white and beeps indicate GPU error 1 long 3 short beeps . After Windows loads, everything works as expected.

Anything else to try ???

thanks
7 REPLIES 7

AfterShock
Level 9
vlsixx wrote:
I made the mistake of disabling CMS and fast boot.
PC worked fine before change no issues for years.

F2 or DEL can't get into BIOS. Screen shows nothing but ALWAYS loads win10 OK
So Far I did the following:

(first removed all cables , disconnected power cable before steps below)

Clear CMOS with Jumper
Removed battery for 5min , and shorted jumper
Try PS2 keyboard F2 and DEL

Try to get into BIOS through WIN10 troubleshoot/advance, same thing, it boots back up into windows

PC always boots into windows, Monitor shows no message until windows is loaded.

LED stays white and beeps indicate GPU error 1 long 3 short beeps . After Windows loads, everything works as expected.

Anything else to try ???

thanks

You could try reseating the graphics card , are you using display port or HDMI cable? The last and most painful option would be to shut off the power and remove the cpu from the socket then reinstall, this will force the mobo into bios as it will think you installed a new cpu, that CMS feature needs to be removed from the bios options as it is incompatible and obsolete, I will search around and see if I find anything else. Does that mobo have bios flashback?

AfterShock wrote:
You could try reseating the graphics card , are you using display port or HDMI cable? The last and most painful option would be to shut off the power and remove the cpu from the socket then reinstall, this will force the mobo into bios as it will think you installed a new cpu, that CMS feature needs to be removed from the bios options as it is incompatible and obsolete, I will search around and see if I find anything else. Does that mobo have bios flashback?

No Bios flashback . I will appreciate if you can find something else. My search found nothing . Are you sure removing the cpu ignores the bios previous settings?

thanks

RedSector73
Level 12
Try this guide How to access UEFI (BIOS) using Settings
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-enter-uefi-bios-windows-10-pcs

RedSector73
Level 12
Did you try what I posted ?

You can reset the bios, not even hard, just remove the power and CR2032 Battery for minute or so.

Please read what I already did on original post

RedSector73 wrote:
Did you try what I posted ?

You can reset the bios, not even hard, just remove the power and CR2032 Battery for minute or so.

Sorry, I haven't try the video card or CPU yet

Swallowtail23
Level 7
Try HDMI connection to monitor instead of DisplayPort.