cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X470-Pro New Bios 4406 with Agesa 0.0.7.0

xeizo
Level 12
I have tested it for a couple of days, first the annoying things:

1. PBO is now completely removed from the bios, one has to use Ryzen Master to activate it.

2. As a effect of the above so is PPT, TDC and EDC locked down to about 125W CPU power consumption even if VRMs is set at 140%. That too can be unlocked in Ryzen Master.

Really annoying to have to start Ryzen Master and apply a profile each reboot. To get back to the same performance I had with the older bios. I can't find a setting in Ryzen Master to automatically apply profiles at boot.

After using Ryzen Master the performance is about the same, the reported higher latency may have to do with if CB15 or AIDA/Geekbench preset is used in bios. CB15 gives higher multicore score and higher memory bandwith but high latency at 79ns with 3000MHz memory, AIDA/Geekbench has worse memory and multicore but lower latency at 72ns.

The good thing is D.O.C.P has better memory compatibility, it could set my 4x 3000MHz Corsair memory out of the box which previous bioses couldn't. However, memory bandwith was rather low, I could gain a additional 2-4GB/s bandwith by using the values from Ryzen Dram Calculator.

I really hope PBO is back for the next bios.

To finish off, I couldn't get back to the same CB15 score as before however I did it. But to be fair so have Windows 10 have had two large updates inbetween, of which the first one was gimped and the second one is supposed to correct it. With the old bios I repeatedly could get 4100cb in CB R20, now the highest score I got was 4070cb. Also, the AIDA64 scores seems a tad lower too.
R9 7950X - ASUS X670E Crosshair Extreme (bios 0803) - 32GB HyperX Fury Beast @6200c32 - Corsair H150i Pro - ASUS RTX3080 TUF OC V2 - Phanteks P400A - Corsair RM850 - WD SN850
2 REPLIES 2

Gothico
Level 7
Thx.
After booting up firsttime with this BIOS, i got a BSOD: internal power fault.
Never had this issue, even with the "bad" w10 update.

Standby = BSOD

Solution for me was a driverupdate for my samsung nvme's.

Gesendet von meinem HTC U11 life mit Tapatalk

Gothico wrote:
Thx.
After booting up firsttime with this BIOS, i got a BSOD: internal power fault.
Never had this issue, even with the "bad" w10 update.

Standby = BSOD

Solution for me was a driverupdate for my samsung nvme's.

Gesendet von meinem HTC U11 life mit Tapatalk

Samsungs NVMe driver has been buggy with Windows 10 since 1809, I skipped it and run Windows own NVMe driver. Performance difference is in single digit percents and the Windows driver is 100% stable. Worth it imho.
R9 7950X - ASUS X670E Crosshair Extreme (bios 0803) - 32GB HyperX Fury Beast @6200c32 - Corsair H150i Pro - ASUS RTX3080 TUF OC V2 - Phanteks P400A - Corsair RM850 - WD SN850