cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1,118 REPLIES 1,118

bloot wrote:
suifong after the "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" try "sfc /scannow" to fix errors, if there's any.

Thank you for your advice.

suifong wrote:

Thank you for your advice.

Ok, the last thing. Please, post screenshots of HWInfo when your PC idles and when under 100% load. Did you notice when exactly you have BSODs - under load or when you are browsing/idling? I want to see your voltages

EZ_PC_TECH wrote:
Ok, the last thing. Please, post screenshots of HWInfo when your PC idles and when under 100% load. Did you notice when exactly you have BSODs - under load or when you are browsing/idling? I want to see your voltages

PC idles(Open the image in a new tab to see the full image)

100% load(Open the image in a new tab to see the full image)

CPU Voltage before BSoD(When I use chrome to watch a video)

I am sorry that the video quality is very poor
I record it with an old digital camera
Because I don't know when it will be BSoD
I can't take a screenshot with my computer
Can only use the way to record the screen

igralec84 wrote:
I'm still getting BSODs on idle (never while playing or benchmarking) even with a different kit of RAM, with DOCP, manual timings or Auto and just memory speed and FCLK set along with vboot and dram voltage and ECC off. Just got one now while writing this post, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a and UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 0x0000007f is what this 3000 cL15 kit is getting so far, the 3200 CL14 was getting a variety of them no matter the frequency, 2133, 3200 cl14, 3600 cl16, 3600 cl14...

Still waiting for the 3700X to be delivered, it looks like it's not the RAM, so maybe it's the CPU or the motherboard. It's interesting that yesterday i only had one BSOD and that was with ryzen calculator timings for 3000 CL15, but today i already had 2 and also 2 shutdowns. Running Ryzen balanced power plan with min. cpu state of 10%.

Have same problem like this article
https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/czih3g/bsod_issues_since_upgrading_to_3700x/
"receiving BSOD'S usually when the system is fairly idle - what i mean is it never happens during gaming "

"getting BSODs on idle (never while playing or benchmarking)"

I never get BSoD when I play a game
But often get BSoD when the CPU is idle

suifong wrote:
Have same problem like this article
https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/czih3g/bsod_issues_since_upgrading_to_3700x/
"receiving BSOD'S usually when the system is fairly idle - what i mean is it never happens during gaming "

"getting BSODs on idle (never while playing or benchmarking)"

I never get BSoD when I play a game
But often get BSoD when the CPU is idle

Yes i had the 3600 and now have 3600X on C7H, have BSODs on mostly idle or like this when i'm typing or reading posts, never under load like playing, benchmarks, memtests. Hope to get the 3700X tomorrow, but i expect the BSODs to continue. Tried almost everything in the last 1,5 months, but what's funny is the 2700X worked fine on this motherboard before i switched to Ryzen 3000. I probably deserve some kind of a medal if i had 2 faulty CPUs and am getting a third one tomorrow. But haven't heard anything from the buyer of the 3600, so hmm...

Will probably give the 3600X to a friend to test on his X470 Strix-F and maybe borrow his 3200 Cl16 Ripjaws V, so i'll test a 3rd different set of RAM on this motherboard. What i noticed is if the BSODs happen in the first hour of uptime, it's ok then for the rest of the day.

Here's my HWinfo of 30+ minutes of surfing and idle with firefox in the background (loaded optimized defaults, set fan and pump curves, global C-states enabled, ECC disabled, everything else auto/default so RAM running at 2400, windows balanced plan with 5% minimum cpu state, started HWinfo immediately after login so some stuff needed to load, which caused the temp spike to 59°C, or might have been something in firefox):

Will now leave it at this setting and wait for a BSOD, most likely a 0x0000000a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by Ntfs.sys (hmm SSD problem?) or hal.dll.

After some more tinkering I still have random shutdowns on both 0075 and 7501 for CH6 when AutoOC is enabled. PBO hasn't lead to a new shutdown after flashing the bios using the bios flashback option. But when I enable AutoOC my PC boots to Windows, I can check clockspeeds and then all of a sudden I have a black screen and the PC powers off...

R5 3600
CH6
FlareX 3200 Mhz CL14

igralec84 wrote:
Yes i had the 3600 and now have 3600X on C7H, have BSODs on mostly idle or like this when i'm typing or reading posts, never under load like playing, benchmarks, memtests. Hope to get the 3700X tomorrow, but i expect the BSODs to continue. Tried almost everything in the last 1,5 months, but what's funny is the 2700X worked fine on this motherboard before i switched to Ryzen 3000. I probably deserve some kind of a medal if i had 2 faulty CPUs and am getting a third one tomorrow. But haven't heard anything from the buyer of the 3600, so hmm...

I think I know what is your issue. Got to the DRAM settings and set Power Down Mode to Disabled

igralec84 wrote:

Will probably give the 3600X to a friend to test on his X470 Strix-F and maybe borrow his 3200 Cl16 Ripjaws V, so i'll test a 3rd different set of RAM on this motherboard. What i noticed is if the BSODs happen in the first hour of uptime, it's ok then for the rest of the day.

Here's my HWinfo of 30+ minutes of surfing and idle with firefox in the background (loaded optimized defaults, set fan and pump curves, global C-states enabled, ECC disabled, everything else auto/default so RAM running at 2400, windows balanced plan with 5% minimum cpu state, started HWinfo immediately after login so some stuff needed to load, which caused the temp spike to 59°C, or might have been something in firefox):

Will now leave it at this setting and wait for a BSOD, most likely a 0x0000000a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by Ntfs.sys (hmm SSD problem?) or hal.dll.

I had those problems like both of you, and as I sad before I returned that 3600 and bought another one from different shop. Now my PC is rock stable.
Also as I said before new BIOS also came (7403), maybe it is the new BIOS that fixed it(i tried all the previous ones that support zen2)...
I feel for both of you, because this many BSOD s and instability were very very frustrating.

EZ_PC_TECH wrote:
I think I know what is your issue. Got to the DRAM settings and set Power Down Mode to Disabled

Thank you, will try it today, i think the last time i had that disabled was when i could run 3800 CL16 with the 3200 CL14 Ripjaws on 2501.

Diskach wrote:
I had those problems like both of you, and as I sad before I returned that 3600 and bought another one from different shop. Now my PC is rock stable.
Also as I said before new BIOS also came (7403), maybe it is the new BIOS that fixed it(i tried all the previous ones that support zen2)...
I feel for both of you, because this many BSOD s and instability were very very frustrating.

I have the 3700X at the main post office, waiting for it to get delivered to my local post office, hope they can manage those last 10kms in reasonable time... Then we'll see if it's any better, the 3600 i sold seems to work fine for the current owner, although it has warranty so if there's a problem, it's not really my problem.
But this 3600X, i'll let my friend borrow it as soon as i get the 3700X, will be interesting to see if it works for him. I did read there are quite a lot of faulty CPUs this time around, the whole idle instability is also a bit strange.

Could this maybe be caused by too low vcore, either because of the 5-10% minimum CPU state set in the power plan and maybe also DRAM power down mode, that voltage drops on idle too much and it causes a freeze / hard reset / bsod. Chkdsk found some errors yesterday, it seems the crashes also do some partition or ssd damage that keeps coming back after a couple BSODs, which maybe also contributes to the BSODs.

Using 7501 now on the C6H, R5 3600 and FlareX 3200 Mhz CL14 running at 3533 CL14. The system is stable with AutoOC at +150 Mhz. AutoOC at +200 Mhz leads to random shutdowns...

suifong wrote:
PC idles(Open the image in a new tab to see the full image)

I forgot what I did when I had the same issues. Go and set Power Down Mode to disabled, it should fix your issues.