cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1,118 REPLIES 1,118

Vash63 wrote:
I wouldn't worry about it, even with more powerful hardware like the 2080ti it doesn't really make a difference until you drop to x4.

So this isn't a bios problem it is the fact I have two nvme drives installed?
Also, does x570 have this problem?
And you are right, I removed the top drive that just has games on it and was no difference at all.

i have a 3700x and c6h, tried all the bios available on thread
and all the fixes listed
still get bios code I7, F8 and other random ones, my prev 2700x worked perfectly,
i think i might be returning this cpu

also barley never boosts even close to what it was advertised at, highest ive seen is 4ghz

slickwicked wrote:
i have a 3700x and c6h, tried all the bios available on thread
and all the fixes listed
still get bios code I7, F8 and other random ones, my prev 2700x worked perfectly,
i think i might be returning this cpu

also barley never boosts even close to what it was advertised at, highest ive seen is 4ghz

I have the same issues with my 3600. I can manually OC higher with low voltage than I get with boosting. Clearly it is a bios issue that we need to wait to be fixed. This is what happens when you buy new tech. I'd just wait a month and it will get sorted. There are loads of people with the boosting issue. When Ryzen first came out we had nothing but memory issues which eventually got fixed. Just hang in there, I'm annoyed by it all too! But on the flip side these chips are silky smooth.

My current workaround is to run 4.1ghz @ 1.25v manually

CH7-nonWIFI

Bios 2406 (Agesa 1.0.0.2) and best performance, no BIOS mouse support and thats it?
2501 has AGESA 1.0.0.2 and best performance but it has c7 boot up bug?
2602 has 1003AB and still bad performance, but no c7 boot up bug.
The latest BIOS will have 1003ABB that still does not have 1002 performance, but fixes...(no pcei4.0 support)

Is there a good summary of BIOS version and AGESA?

So it's been a few days now that we have started seeing Agesa 1.0.0.3 abb for many of the the asus x570 boards even the Pro WS X570-ACE but no love for the strix line. I mean the boards are called "stix x570 - (letter) gaming" but from games like destiny 2 to 3d creation software like reallusion's Character Creator 3 I'm kind of stuck without the update. I thought something with the ROG and strix branding would be getting better support but I guess only the more costly ROG stuff does. Honestly at the end of the day I do want a stable product so if stability problems are the reason I get it. That being said it would be nice to not be held back by BIOS that is over a month old and steps behind.

shadykillas69 wrote:
So it's been a few days now that we have started seeing Agesa 1.0.0.3 abb for many of the the asus x570 boards even the Pro WS X570-ACE but no love for the strix line. I mean the boards are called "stix x570 - (letter) gaming" but from games like destiny 2 to 3d creation software like reallusion's Character Creator 3 I'm kind of stuck without the update. I thought something with the ROG and strix branding would be getting better support but I guess only the more costly ROG stuff does. Honestly at the end of the day I do want a stable product so if stability problems are the reason I get it. That being said it would be nice to not be held back by BIOS that is over a month old and steps behind.

There are bugs in AGESA 1003 - whatever version you get - especially with boost.

Make sure you update to the latest chipset drivers. Do the latest ones from ASUS, then the latest from AMD, which should fix detiny 2.
About me: I am dyslexic and DO occasionally miss things!

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary, and those that don't.
F people in 10 don't understand hexadecimal

bigtop1967 wrote:
There are bugs in AGESA 1003 - whatever version you get - especially with boost.

Make sure you update to the latest chipset drivers. Do the latest ones from ASUS, then the latest from AMD, which should fix detiny 2.

At this point I couldn't give two craps about a little boost here or there. I did see the chipset drivers update, some stuff I was reading was saying it was best not to install it until you had the new agesa update but I'm not sure how true that is.

I just don't like feeling like I'm getting less support buying an ROG strix series product.

shadykillas69 wrote:
At this point I couldn't give two craps about a little boost here or there. I did see the chipset drivers update, some stuff I was reading was saying it was best not to install it until you had the new agesa update but I'm not sure how true that is.

I just don't like feeling like I'm getting less support buying an ROG strix series product.

Less support than what? IIRC there isn't a single Asus board with an official 1.0.0.3ABB BIOS yet, is there? As a company they're just sh*t at getting BIOS updates pushed out.

I'm not sure I even believe they'd be organised enough to selectively prioritise certain boards...

adr82 wrote:
Less support than what? IIRC there isn't a single Asus board with an official 1.0.0.3ABB BIOS yet, is there? As a company they're just sh*t at getting BIOS updates pushed out.

I'm not sure I even believe they'd be organised enough to selectively prioritise certain boards...

Yes at the time of my post you where replying to there where several boards with official released bios updates found on the official support pages for the ROG Crosshair x570 boards and Pro WS X570-ACE

As of this post there are updates for on the support page for the TUF GAMING X570 PLUS WIFI. I have used that bios number 1005 and found the download links from their public facing download servers for the other boards that do not have their support pages updated yet.

Links and direct links can be found here.
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?112403-Agesa-1-0-0-3-abb

thank you muchly!