cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1,118 REPLIES 1,118

igralec84 wrote:
I tried all that in the last month and a half, even with no errors or corruption and also no memory errors in tests, i was getting 2-4 BSODs per day on idle. Switching to Ryzen Balanced plan stopped them, maybe staying at 2133 RAM also helped, now i'm back to 3200 CL14 with manual timings.

How much stuff from the Ryzen Calculator do you guys put it except the timings, SOC + VDDP + VDDG + PLL voltages, command rate, power down, gear down and procODT? Do you have to also set the RTT and CAD_BUS stuff?

In 3Dmark, it seems all core 4400 is stable (well doesn't crash, i'm sure prime95 or cinebench would) at 1.4v, that's pretty good although not for regular use of course.

the problem of errors is overclocking the memory if there is practically no problem leaving everything at the standard settings, people at the forum amd complain of the same problems, and here, most likely, in order to please the new processors, the chipset was sharpened for it because changing the BIOS to the very first for c6n does not work , rollback, chipset drivers, too, already changed the versions of windows and video card drivers and all the same, it’s all the same with hardware acceleration in windows but I don’t think, according to my observations, the problem is with the kernel error or the card driver, ka That part of the boost is very strong and the memory map is not stable sometimes even blocks memory card in the same frequency, I think it is pci 4.0 support has brought these problems because it blocks the AMD that support micro code
Ryzen 9 7950x (CPU) || Crosshair 670E Extrem (1510 Bios) (Motherboard) || F5-6000J3040G32GX2-TZ5NR (C30 6000Mhz 1.4V) (RAM) || NZXT Z73 (Cooling) || PowerColor Red Devil Limited Edition RX 7900 XTX (GPU) || Samsung 980 PRO NVMe 1Tb (Hard Drive) || Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 2Tb (Hard Drive) X 2 || Seasonic Vertex gx-1200 (Power Supply) || Samsung odyssey g8 oled (Monitor) || Asus ROG Strix scope TKL (Keyboard) || ASUS ROG Gladius II (Mouse) || Win 11 Pro 22H2 (Operating System)

mito1172 wrote:
I guess you're kidding. Even in the 3000 series, this bios is problematic

He is right. You don't need anything later than 1.0.0.6
I had a rock-solid system with R5 2600X and 1006 AGESA. My ram was running at 3666 and I had a nice CPU OC. 0 BSODs or other problems. Many manufacturers said the same, so all your issues are consequences of your enthusiasm.

Lentis
Level 7
The last bios 7501 solves the fan problem?
It is not indicated in the changelog.

Ryo_z
Level 9
any update when the boot error fix in 0075 will be integrate into 7501 or future bios of C6H?

hope Shamino or any asus staff can answer this.

Diskach wrote:
I had those problems like both of you, and as I sad before I returned that 3600 and bought another one from different shop. Now my PC is rock stable.
Also as I said before new BIOS also came (7403), maybe it is the new BIOS that fixed it(i tried all the previous ones that support zen2)...
I feel for both of you, because this many BSOD s and instability were very very frustrating.

TechyInAZ wrote:
Try sfc /scannow in elevated CMD. That'll fix windows corruptions.

EZ_PC_TECH wrote:
You, guys, really should open the tickets at Asus CS for all your issues. If you are not doing this, they are not even aware that something is wrong. I know that many of you not hesitating to do that, but if you don't, then you really should.

igralec84 wrote:
Are you running the Windows balanced power plan or Ryzen balanced?
My BSODs seem to have stopped after either running chkdsk /scan and chkdsk /F bacause i had some errors or switching to Ryzen balanced plan and not lowering minimum processor state from 99%.

I had been sent back my CPU to AMD Authorized Distributors in my country
The engineer contacted me
They found the CPU has some problem
They would change a new CPU for me

I had received a new CPU last week
Everything works fine after the new CPU is installed on the computer
There is no longer a random BSoD problem

Thank you all, you guys:D

suifong wrote:
I had been sent back my CPU to AMD Authorized Distributors in my country
The engineer contacted me
They found the CPU has some problem
They would change a new CPU for me

I had received a new CPU last week
Everything works fine after the new CPU is installed on the computer
There is no longer a random BSoD problem

Thank you all, you guys:D

Great to hear that!

I'm also happy to report i've been without a BSOD for 12 days now (last 3 days of 3600X and now 9 days of 3700X).

I did a chkdsk that fixed some errors, then uninstalled chipset drivers with Revo Uninstaller, reinstalled and switched to Ryzen Balanced Plan (and not Windows Balanced plan with 5% minimum processor state that i used all the time before). Also used very loose 3200 CL14 timings from DRAM Calculator, but also set the termination block and CAD_BUS block ohm values manually, which i never did before.

Looking forward to AGESA 1.0.0.4 improvements coming in November, although i wonder how many of those "100" will come down to X470. Maybe AutoOC will now really get +200mhz but at own risk and warranty void or something.

As a Final Update for my Q-code 8 issue that I had after I upgraded to my 3900x. My system is fully stable now and I haven't had that issue for over a week now. I was even able to fully reinstall windows without any problems.

For me, the fix was a) Updating to 7501 cause I strongly believe 7403 was a trash of a BIOS and b) Setting my ram timings manually and c) Disable ECC. With 7403, even if I set everything to default or make some adjustments or anything, that stupid Q-code 8 would always come up. With 7501, default seems to work just fine but the ram would be running at like 2400mhz. If I enabled DOCP to 3200mhz, it would come back to that Q-code 8. When I disabled ECC, it would happen less often but still happen. So once I set my timings manually which is really just setting it to DOCP, saving and exiting and then it will tell you the timings on that screen and then I just took a picture of all the changes and put those in manually instead. And Bam, everything seems to work. Ram is 3200mhz, no Q-code 8, Windows is able to get reinstalled.

With that being said, Asus needs to get their game up. My 1700 works flawlessly, I only had to do this with the 3900x. They need to quit taking shortcuts and higher some actual people that can do proper testing instead of releasing broken nonsense for the BIOS of all things. I can't imagine what would happen if a new pc builder had issues like this.

igralec84 wrote:
I'm also happy to report i've been without a BSOD for 12 days now (last 3 days of 3600X and now 9 days of 3700X).

I did a chkdsk that fixed some errors, then uninstalled chipset drivers with Revo Uninstaller, reinstalled and switched to Ryzen Balanced Plan (and not Windows Balanced plan with 5% minimum processor state that i used all the time before). Also used very loose 3200 CL14 timings from DRAM Calculator, but also set the termination block and CAD_BUS block ohm values manually, which i never did before.

Looking forward to AGESA 1.0.0.4 improvements coming in November, although i wonder how many of those "100" will come down to X470. Maybe AutoOC will now really get +200mhz but at own risk and warranty void or something.

Guess what guys, after a month and a half of being freeze/crash free on 2801, i updated to 2901 for some reason, set everything up like before and guess what, had 2 freezes and a BSOD in the last 3 hours. I didn't uninstall chipset drivers or load up defaults and boot with them first, so it might be that or something's changed in 2901, for the worse.

EDIT: used Revo uninstaller to remove and reinstall chipset drivers, also raised SOC voltage from 975 to 1025 and VDDP from 700 to 900 and it's all good again.

igralec84 wrote:
Guess what guys, after a month and a half of being freeze/crash-free on 2801, i updated to 2901 for some reason, set everything up like before and guess what had 2 freezes and a BSOD in the last 3 hours. I didn't uninstall chipset drivers or load up defaults and boot with them first, so it might be that or something's changed in 2901, for the worse.

EDIT: used Revo uninstaller to remove and reinstall chipset drivers, also raised SOC voltage from 975 to 1025 and VDDP from 700 to 900 and it's all good again.

The same here. Several freezes per day and reboots. Why they even release it if people waiting for 1004? They just wasted the time and released another broken BIOS.

EZ_PC_TECH wrote:
The same here. Several freezes per day and reboots. Why they even release it if people waiting for 1004? They just wasted the time and released another broken BIOS.

Yeah ... Asus doesn't seem to care anymore about X470 flagship boards.
I asked the german support and they told me that there is nothing to find (internal) about any 1.0.0.4b UEFI version.
Before i got the latest beta UEFIs from them and they got bug reports from me after testing.
But since X570 launch - dead silence about any progress on new UEFIs.
So - best decission for me: Switch to other board brand with better UEFI support and more communication between consumer and UEFI dev team - like AsRock or MSI or even Gigabyte.

Not sure how and why but since Elmor is gone ... silence and that's it.

Asus and AsRock switched position in terms of UEFI updates.
Asus once was best, now is the worst.
AsRock was once the worst, now one of the best.

And now they release buggy old Agesa UEFIs when others like GB, MSI, AsRock allready pushing 1.0.0.4b betas and bugfixed version for X470.
I really can't understand this. :mad: