cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1,118 REPLIES 1,118

EZ_PC_TECH wrote:
I forgot what I did when I had the same issues. Go and set Power Down Mode to disabled, it should fix your issues.

Revo uninstaller remove old AMD Chipset Drivers
Install AMD Newest Chipset Drivers 1.9.27.1033
USB BIOS Flashback CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO-ASUS-7501.zip
Only Disable Power Down and DRAM ECC
DRAM 2400MHZ No use D.O.C.P All default
Still got BSoD

But after use AMD Newest Chipset Drivers 1.9.27.1033
Bios 7501 always BSoD →become sometimes BSoD

suifong wrote:
Revo uninstaller remove old AMD Chipset Drivers
Install AMD Newest Chipset Drivers 1.9.27.1033
USB BIOS Flashback CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO-ASUS-7501.zip
Only Disable Power Down and DRAM ECC
DRAM 2400MHZ No use D.O.C.P All default
Still got BSoD

But after use AMD Newest Chipset Drivers 1.9.27.1033
Bios 7501 always BSoD →become sometimes BSoD

Are you running the Windows balanced power plan or Ryzen balanced?
My BSODs seem to have stopped after either running chkdsk /scan and chkdsk /F bacause i had some errors or switching to Ryzen balanced plan and not lowering minimum processor state from 99%.

igralec84 wrote:
Are you running the Windows balanced power plan or Ryzen balanced?
My BSODs seem to have stopped after either running chkdsk /scan and chkdsk /F bacause i had some errors or switching to Ryzen balanced plan and not lowering minimum processor state from 99%.

Yes I use AMD Ryzen Balanced Minimum processor state 99%(AMD default)
Chkdsk /scan and chkdsk /F no any error

Try sfc /scannow in elevated CMD. That'll fix windows corruptions.

As an update for when I had the Q-code 8 boot issue. I seemed to have gotten it to be "stable" after flashing 7306 a bunch of times and (maybe related) replacing my corsair H100i liquid cooler with Noctua NH-D15. It does happen when I reboot from time to time but most of the time, it boots up just fine. Still though, the moment I upgrade the bios to 7403, it's Q-code 8 all day everyday when booting. Sometimes it does end up actually booting on 7403 but most of the times, it doesn't. And yes, I disabled ECC everytime.

At this point, if the next Bios update still does this Q-code 8. I am gonna RMA my motherboard cause at this point, I am 90% certain there's something wrong with the mobo's BIOS.

I almost want to blame Asus's shingians with trying to enable PCI-E 4.0 on X370 boards and then when AMD removed it by changing the micro-code, weird stuff started to happen. But we will see when the next BIOS gets officially released.

I'm still getting BSODs on idle (never while playing or benchmarking) even with a different kit of RAM, with DOCP, manual timings or Auto and just memory speed and FCLK set along with vboot and dram voltage and ECC off. Just got one now while writing this post, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a and UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 0x0000007f is what this 3000 cL15 kit is getting so far, the 3200 CL14 was getting a variety of them no matter the frequency, 2133, 3200 cl14, 3600 cl16, 3600 cl14...

Still waiting for the 3700X to be delivered, it looks like it's not the RAM, so maybe it's the CPU or the motherboard. It's interesting that yesterday i only had one BSOD and that was with ryzen calculator timings for 3000 CL15, but today i already had 2 and also 2 shutdowns. Running Ryzen balanced power plan with min. cpu state of 10%.

RBMK3.6 wrote:
As an update for when I had the Q-code 8 boot issue. I seemed to have gotten it to be "stable" after flashing 7306 a bunch of times and (maybe related) replacing my corsair H100i liquid cooler with Noctua NH-D15. It does happen when I reboot from time to time but most of the time, it boots up just fine. Still though, the moment I upgrade the bios to 7403, it's Q-code 8 all day everyday when booting. Sometimes it does end up actually booting on 7403 but most of the times, it doesn't. And yes, I disabled ECC everytime.

At this point, if the next Bios update still does this Q-code 8. I am gonna RMA my motherboard cause at this point, I am 90% certain there's something wrong with the mobo's BIOS.

I almost want to blame Asus's shingians with trying to enable PCI-E 4.0 on X370 boards and then when AMD removed it by changing the micro-code, weird stuff started to happen. But we will see when the next BIOS gets officially released.

By any chance you could try turning the PC on with Safe Boot button and skipping the Bios? If we can both verify that code 8 doesn't happen with Safe Boot, then it is 100% something ****ed with the BIOS.

It is the only way I can turn on my PC (reseating the CPU works too), otherwise it is Code 8.

Fantomasas wrote:
By any chance you could try turning the PC on with Safe Boot button and skipping the Bios? If we can both verify that code 8 doesn't happen with Safe Boot, then it is 100% something ****ed with the BIOS.

It is the only way I can turn on my PC (reseating the CPU works too), otherwise it is Code 8.

Yea that worked for me last time. It also would go into that mode by itself eventually as well and boot but then when I restart normally... Back to Q-code 8.

I remember having random bsod even during windows repair menu and windows installation when I have autooc on.
Managed to fix it by manual all core oc at fixed cpu clock and voltage. Although single core result is worse than stock, but it seems stable.
Just that once a while windows loading will stuck at spinner forever, had to press reset few rounds to get it booted, windows loading issue is still a mystery for me.

Ryo_z
Level 9
@Shamino

seems like Asus already uploaded C6H BIOS 7501, did it include the dram boot error fix found in 0075?

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO/CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO-ASUS-7501.zip