cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1,118 REPLIES 1,118

Diskach wrote:

So this one is newer than the one Shamino posted recently (075)?

Why Shamino didn't post it here?

Yep, it's the 7501 but I can't confirm the source.

Diskach wrote:
You can see my PC specs if you click under my avatar. The only thing that I set manualy are the first four timmings for RAM, and set RAM at 3133mhz, boot VDRAM 1.35V and manual RAM voltage to 1.35. I disabled all the LED's on the mobo and did some chasis fan setup. Nothing else. I use 7403.

I see that you are trying to use latest ABBA beta bios but why when it is only giving you problems. Go back to 7403.
Did you get BSODs with 7403 also?
If you did, and everything was at default, something is broken in your PC, it could be mobo, CPU, GPU, maybe your PSU doesn't have enough power ...

Since I switched to the AMD platform on July 7th 2019
No matter which BIOS all have BSoD including 7403
Different BIOS versions only happen differently frequently
0075: Always
7403: Sometimes
At first time I think it is a bios stability problem
But now I think it might be that my CPU is broken
I have contacted AMD's authorized partners to prepare for repairs
Thank you for your assistance

suifong wrote:
Since I switched to the AMD platform on July 7th 2019
No matter which BIOS all have BSoD including 7403
Different BIOS versions only happen differently frequently
0075: Always
7403: Sometimes
At first time I think it is a bios stability problem
But now I think it might be that my CPU is broken
I have contacted AMD's authorized partners to prepare for repairs
Thank you for your assistance

Are you using a BIOS FlashBack and resetting the BIOS before flashing?
Did you change any voltages?
Have you OCed RAM?
Did you try to increase CPU/SOC VRM switching frequency? Try to set both to 500.
Not sure what board you have, but try to set all PCI-E devices to Auto without choosing Gen.
Run command prompt as administrator and enter this DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
Windows might be a reason for BSODs.

EZ_PC_TECH wrote:
Have you OCed RAM?
Did you try to increase CPU/SOC VRM switching frequency? Try to set both to 500.
Not sure what board you have, but try to set all PCI-E devices to Auto without choosing Gen.
Run command prompt as administrator and enter this DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

He has c6h. You can see that by the BIOS version. 😉

I have also suggested using flashback because it is 100% clearing all settings to default.
Maybe he has ECC enabled and that is what's causing all the BSODs.

EZ_PC_TECH wrote:
Have you OCed RAM?

Yes

NO. I use Asus default

Have you OCed RAM?
NO. I use Asus default

Still BSoD

I use c6h
Gen all use Asus default(auto)

Diskach wrote:
He has c6h. You can see that by the BIOS version. 😉

I have also suggested using flashback because it is 100% clearing all settings to default.
Maybe he has ECC enabled and that is what's causing all the BSODs.

I use USB BIOS Flashback to flash BIOS
I try to disable ECC but still BSoD

Thank you all for your advice.
Maybe my CPU Dead On Arrive
I wiil send my CPU back to AMD Authorized Distributors next week to check what's problem with my AMD R5 3600:confused:

Shamino wrote:
C6h wifi bios to fix the random dram oc boot issues:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qx1w31xdasl5pgw/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO-WIFI-AC-ASUS-0075.rar?dl=0

non wifi's accompanying version
https://www.dropbox.com/s/38jvi3uuq1esnlt/CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO-ASUS-0075.rar?dl=0

My boost clocks are correct now! Thanks Shamino!
Guys, below you will see CB15 and CB20 results in my setup (Ryzen 7 3700X - C6H non wifi - G.Skill F4-4000C19D-16GTZ).
Everything in my bios is stock.

https://imgur.com/a/zsYKEPK

For those complaining about boot issues and the full cycle power when restarting in windows, shamino shared this 0075 bios that works flawlessly, did you try it?

Shamino wrote:
C6h wifi bios to fix the random dram oc boot issues:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qx1w31xdasl5pgw/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO-WIFI-AC-ASUS-0075.rar?dl=0

non wifi's accompanying version
https://www.dropbox.com/s/38jvi3uuq1esnlt/CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO-ASUS-0075.rar?dl=0

bloot wrote:
For those complaining about boot issues and the full cycle power when restarting in windows, shamino shared this 0075 bios that works flawlessly, did you try it?

I can confirm that 0075 bios works well, I've been using it since it was posted.
I noticed that the full cycle power after restarting from windows only occurs on the first day, after installing the bios 0075 then, after leaving the PC off all night (connected with the ups) it no longer happens.

I'm still on BIOS 7201 the last one that does not cause issues with my Ryzen 1700X. After what I have read here I'm rather not going to update to the latest one especially that there may be simply no point because I use first gen Ryzen. I'm a bit sick of those issues with Asus BIOS and software issues. I know it is a bit off topic but for example yesterday when I tried to turn off LEDs through Aura Sync it hanged my PC so I had to reboot. After that I wasn't able to login to windows any more as each time it hanged up - it looked that happened when Aura loaded itself. So I tried to uninstall Aura through emergency mode - it didn't helped. Finally I reverted my Windows to latest restore point. What was wired it still was freezing at login screen. But once I disabled and the enabled lighting in the BIOS is stopped doing this, I was able to login to Windows again. Pretty dame wired but that what it is.

JohnEJohn
Level 7
So I have flashed the latest bios and set my ram up as 3600C14 etc, I will share my results as well as bios settings as I have a couple of questions. Overall performance has increased and boost is no longer twitchy or gets stuck etc when running games. I have seen a slight performance degradation in level 3 cache write and copy but the rest improved.

My results, cpuZ is the only one that fluctuates, single core is between 545 and 550:

Now, I have seen upto 4.55Ghz using HWinfo64 but still I have noticed that when running single core benchmarks that the core being used does not go above 4.45Ghz, I would love to get every drop of performance out of this chip, here are some of my bios settings, I would appreciate it if someone could have a look and see if there is anything I can do to bump the single core performance up, I want go get single core loads using as close to 4.6Ghz as possible, thanks.

My cooling is not an issue, I have a massive thermaltake core x9 with an absurd amount of airflow and a 420mm watercoling setup so throttling isn't an issue.