cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1,118 REPLIES 1,118

RBMK3.6 wrote:
Well the weird thing is that it's not force shutting itself down. When it does start and get into windows normally, I can play games, run Prim95 for an hour, do whatever and it's fine. Only when I restart through windows, does that happen. I tried to reinstall windows but since windows installation needs a restart, it goes back into that Q-code and gets stuck there. Then if I power down and bring it back up, it corrupts the windows reinstall.

Have you tried any other BIOS versions?

Nick Name wrote:
Have you tried any other BIOS versions?

Yea I tried 7306 which did the same thing as well as 7201.

RBMK3.6 wrote:
Well the weird thing is that it's not force shutting itself down. When it does start and get into windows normally, I can play games, run Prim95 for an hour, do whatever and it's fine. Only when I restart through windows, does that happen. I tried to reinstall windows but since windows installation needs a restart, it goes back into that Q-code and gets stuck there. Then if I power down and bring it back up, it corrupts the windows reinstall.

What ram do you have?

UncleHunk wrote:
What ram do you have?

This one:

G.SKILL Trident Z RGB (For AMD) 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16D-32GTZRX

(From Newegg)

igralec84 wrote:
For the life of me, i can't get flashback to work to install any of these custom BIOSes. The USB drive is FAT32, i rename the file to C7H.CAP, go into BIOS, load optimized defaults, shut down, put the drive into the flashback slot, press and hold the flashback button until it starts blinking, it only blinks 3 times then it's solid blue.

Like others said, try a different USB stick. I use cheap Sandisk USB's 2.0 for BIOS update and also for Windows install.

Diskach wrote:
Try different USB drive, alos you can try USB card reader with SD card inserted.
Slovenac?

I actually tried a USB card reader with a 50mb microsd card first, i use it for normal BIOS updates haha.
Yes 🙂

TaijRai wrote:
Flashback is quite picky on what USB drives will work. I only have 1 of all my USB sticks that will work otherwise I get the 3 blinks and then nothing.

I see, tried two more and the cheapest and oldest one worked. Now have the 0002+ BIOS, all cores have reached 4375mhz in 5 minutes of running.

Vali Pali wrote:
Like others said, try a different USB stick. I use cheap Sandisk USB's 2.0 for BIOS update and also for Windows install.

Yeah that worked, thanks guys. No i know which one to use if i have to flashback again.

BailA wrote:
Hi, what bios do you recommend with CH7WIFI and 3700X?

Official 2703, the one you can find on the download page of your motherboard. https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VII-HERO-WI-FI/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Don't update to modded beta bios unless you know what you're doing.

Ryo_z
Level 9
so it seems like asus is not going to fix the reboot issue in latest bios for c6h/c7h, feel very disappointed with them.

i guess from now on, i will avoid asus mobo in future.

Sigtran
Level 10
7403 is out for a few days already, seems to be working fine... maybe worth trying?

Sigtran wrote:
7403 is out for a few days already, seems to be working fine... maybe worth trying?

I did try that with my original post and it was doing the same thing. Is your cpu the 3900x?