cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
505 Views
1,118 REPLIES 1,118

alexp999 wrote:
What AGESA is the B350 running though?

IF it's 1.0.0.2 then that explains it


He doesn't explicitly say. But he does say 1.0.0.2 on the C6H was worse and barely going past 4.1Ghz just like my chip, so the AGESA of the MSI doesn't matter when the C6H 1.0.0.2 is a poor experience anyways. Yet the cheap mobo is fine. The only reason he keeps the C6H is for the PCI-E. I'm basically having the same experience, he just proves a point with the MSI board boosting better.

I've done BCLK and it is rock solid stable at 4.2ghz but had to drop the BCLK due to audio issues. I just want it sorting

Sean473
Level 7
I have an Asus Strix X570-F board - I want to roll back to an older BIOS as it seems to be causing system instability with the latest one - Do I just load the old BIOS file to a USB stick and flash through EZ Flash 3 in the BIOS? I believe that's the general way of flashing old BIOS's on Asus AMD boards?

Celty2
Level 7
A 3900x is arriving tomorrow, so I tried flashing to 7401 and then 7306, both gave me a problem I have never experienced before. On the initial boot I get to the press F1 screen to enter bios. Unfortunately, my Corsair Strafe RGB keyboard has the Scroll Lock key blinking, and none of the keys function. At that point I am just "stuck".

The only workaround is to plug in an old Microsoft USB keyboard I had around, which works ok. After entering bios, then saving, exiting, I can go back to the Strafe and boot into Windows and things work. However, I can not get back to bios, as the same bad behavior repeats (pressing Del key won't work)until it boots windows. The only way to access the bios is with the Microsoft keyboard.

I googled blinking Scroll Lock key on s Strafe and I see where that means something about "bios mode" of the keyboard and to press a combo of F1 and the upper right Windows key, but this does not solve the issue.

Anyone else had this weird problem?

Duvar
Level 7
Can anyone maybe upload the Asus Turbo VCore tool pls?

@Shamino, with BIOS 2606 + CH7 and 3900X, the CPU fan totally stopped working after the computer was idle for about 15 minutes. Q-Fan had it manually set to PWM and 100%. Had HWiNFO64 v6.10-3880 Sensors running.

still qcode 8 error with 3600+c6hwifi with 7401

Is there any reason or was it ever mentioned why "USB Mass Storage Driver Support" was removed from all bios versions after 2406? I have multiple USB external drives connected, and having this option on "disabled" allows me to post in 10 seconds instead of 1-2 minutes while the BIOS checks all of the connected external drives.

https://i.imgur.com/DfCNvfX.png
81453

kaokaorulzu wrote:
Is there any reason or was it ever mentioned why "USB Mass Storage Driver Support" was removed from all bios versions after 2406? I have multiple USB external drives connected, and having this option on "disabled" allows me to post in 10 seconds instead of 1-2 minutes while the BIOS checks all of the connected external drives.

https://i.imgur.com/DfCNvfX.png
81453


Have you checked it hasn't moved to the boot menu?

alexp999 wrote:
Have you checked it hasn't moved to the boot menu?


Yep, the option just disappeared. It doesn't even show up if i search "USB".

loinad wrote:
@Shamino, with BIOS 2606 + CH7 and 3900X, the CPU fan totally stopped working after the computer was idle for about 15 minutes. Q-Fan had it manually set to PWM and 100%. Had HWiNFO64 v6.10-3880 Sensors running.


I also had exactly that Issue. FAN simply stops, thermal shutdown at 110°C CPU Temperature, reproduceable. 2606 should be pulled back to avoid physical damage to processors.. Went back to 2701, all fine (except the missing boost etc etc etc)