cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1,118 REPLIES 1,118

mikev190 wrote:
Even 1.0.0.2 didn't boost properly nor did PBO work. But that's a shame, I will just have to wait

boost ist fine here (c6h 7201 + 3900x). reaching 4600 MHz in single threaded tasks. but yes, pbo does not work at all. I am getting worse benchmark results than with pbo disabled. and boost does not work at all with 1.0.0.3AB bios (7302, 7402). Stuck at 4275 MHz.

noko59
Level 7
I would like to add, memory 4 sticks B-Die, 3733 16-16-16-16-36 cold boots without issue. What I find amazing when cold booting it boots up faster then any previous C6H bios I've tried even if they were warm booted. Fastest booting bios I've seen even at very fast memory speeds. I get boost in Cinebench to 4.516ghz, did see it go to 4.63ghz a few times but not normal.

bigtop1967
Level 9
ALL boards using 1003xx have bugs as well.

AGESA 1003 is the same whichever board you have - AB, ABB - does not boost as well as 1002.

1002 base bios have better boost and less bugs, be that on G Byte or ASUS.

Here are some things which may help those that are havig trouble getting board to boot at all or getting your memory to work on 1002:

1. If you're getting C5 errors, try setting your ProcODT MUCH lower - go down to 30ohm and work your way up
2. Set the Ram Boot Voltage or your ram will boot at it's default votage of 1.2v which isn't enough for anything OCed
3. Enable GearDown
3. Only enter your primary timings to start with. i.e. 16 18 16 16 32 - then graqdually set the others one or 2 at a time.
4. For setting SoC voltage, go to Advanced>AMD Overclocking>Accept>SoC and enter the voltage you want in mv - i.e 1.070v is 1070mv. Set also in Extreme tweaker but currently I think only the AMD Overclocking setting works.
5. I leave SoC and VDDG on auto until I get my OC booting and working, then try reducing them

On the fan 'problem'. This has happened to me, most recently yesterday. I don't think power is being cut to the fans (certainly on my system) - something is wrong with temp reporting. I was running a test at 4.2GHz, fixed voltage, so really hot!

I started a run on P95 small FFTs and immediately noticed the silence! I had AISuite open at the time and the temp was still reading 49C! I know bios will cut-out if there's any danger so had a quick look around. Fans were spinning but slowly - idle speed. I quickly closed AUSuite and opened R Master where the temp was 95 and getting higher.

I stopped P95. Closed RM and re-booted. I re-calibrated fans in bios and it hasn't happened since.

My theory is that the temp sensor/reading ASUS is using (I'm guessing thruogh the WMI port?) is getting stuck - which is what I could see. It's hard to tell as I can't reproduce this fault - it seems random currently.

I did notice that one of my case fans settings had changed from DC to PWM in the bios - it must have happened when an OC failed and setting got cleared, or something like that. This wouldn't cause this problem though. I recommend you make sure fans are calibrated properly in the bios on each of your OC profiles.
About me: I am dyslexic and DO occasionally miss things!

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary, and those that don't.
F people in 10 don't understand hexadecimal

alexp999
Level 9
Setting boot voltage didn't help me with C5 on 7102, I had to upgrade to 7302 to get it fixed.

I'm only getting about 100 mhz less boost on 1.0.0.3 than 1.0.0.2, but it's far outweighed by the ability to run 3600 MHz RAM, instead of being stuck at 2400.

Hopefully AMD won't keep us waiting too long for 1.0.0.4 or whatever comes next with improved boosting again.

JohnnyBftw
Level 7
Hey guys. Upgraded to a 3600X today and still had system hangs at start up with BIOS 7201 so installed latest 7302 and all is well now.
Only little bug is the boost clock on all cores is more reluctant and goes up to only 4.3Ghz according to Aida64.
Still very happy that managed to get my sticks at 3733Mhz CL14 (B-Die rated at 4266Mhz) so the RAM investment did not go to waste.
Will try higher overclocks on RAM and bench it to see myself if it actually hurts performance to go higher than the reported "sweet spot".

Good afternoon, I have an asus crosshair vii hero board and a 3700x processor, so a video card with this processor does not start in pci-e 3.0 16x mode, but starts in pci-e 3.0 8x mode. In technical support, Asus are tending to the side of the problem from the CPU. On the old 2600x processor, the video card starts up normally at 16x. Tell me all the same technical support Asus is right or still they are cunning and they have raw bios. Anyway, what should I do, carry the processor in the warranty? Yes, and can anyone have the same problem? Check in which mode 3700x runs on old motherboards with x470 and x370 chipsets. Thank you. You can check in gpu-z.

KsgKsg wrote:
Good afternoon, I have an asus crosshair vii hero board and a 3700x processor, so a video card with this processor does not start in pci-e 3.0 16x mode, but starts in pci-e 3.0 8x mode. In technical support, Asus are tending to the side of the problem from the CPU. On the old 2600x processor, the video card starts up normally at 16x. Tell me all the same technical support Asus is right or still they are cunning and they have raw bios. Anyway, what should I do, carry the processor in the warranty? Yes, and can anyone have the same problem? Check in which mode 3700x runs on old motherboards with x470 and x370 chipsets. Thank you. You can check in gpu-z.

Make sure that you do not have M.2 nvme drive in socket closest to CPU, it forces to PCIe x16_1 from 16x mode to 8x, so that it can take 4x lines to itself (leaving remaining 4x to PCIe x16_2.

Macgaiver wrote:
Make sure that you do not have M.2 nvme drive in socket closest to CPU, it forces to PCIe x16_1 from 16x mode to 8x, so that it can take 4x lines to itself (leaving remaining 4x to PCIe x16_2.

sorry for my english, i translate in translator.
I do not have a drive installed near the processor.
With a 2600x processor and the same configuration, the video card runs at 16x. I checked.

Macgaiver wrote:

I've been busting my mind trying to figure out why my 5700XT is only running at x8. Now I know, thanks:)

Dave1717 wrote:
I've been busting my mind trying to figure out why my 5700XT is only running at x8. Now I know, thanks:)

I wouldn't worry about it, even with more powerful hardware like the 2080ti it doesn't really make a difference until you drop to x4.