cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1,118 REPLIES 1,118

Still no new Bios for the Strix-e while pretty much every other board has been updated. This is getting out of hand.

Heya , just wanted to leave this here for further information to whoever is getting busy with this nightmare...

- I have updated my x470 with an old cpu to 2304 bios version,
I received the 3700x a month later and i installed it on my mobo.

- When i booted i found that the cpu fan wasnt working , i went inside bios and checked about any other errors ,
i was also unable to find my M.2 NVME ssd in the front of the mobo.

- Having those issues i decided to update to 2501.

- After updating i couldnt post not even to Bios for a day untill i found that i can only post and boot if there is a USB device on one of the 3.1 USB ports.
i was also unable to use D.O.C.P.

- I downgraded also to 2406 but i had the same luck , then i tried again 2304 and i could post without any usb but i had again the same problems with no cpu fan running.

- So im now wishing for the next version to enable me post without having to have some usb device all the time on 😄
Thank you , if anyone else have same issues please let me know !

xeizo
Level 12
Shamino said he will be gone for a week, so no point yelling until a week from now, on the flip side so are AGESAS pretty weak at the moment so next bios while late may be on a better AGESA.
R9 7950X - ASUS X670E Crosshair Extreme (bios 0803) - 32GB HyperX Fury Beast @6200c32 - Corsair H150i Pro - ASUS RTX3080 TUF OC V2 - Phanteks P400A - Corsair RM850 - WD SN850

xeizo wrote:
Shamino said he will be gone for a week, so no point yelling until a week from now, on the flip side so are AGESAS pretty weak at the moment so next bios while late may be on a better AGESA.

Seems worth yelling about that a company the size of Asus can apparently have its entire BIOS development effort halted by one guy going for a holiday. That's simply ridiculous, it's not like Asus can't afford to pay a few more people with the amount of money they must make on their ROG pricing alone.

Asus do make good hardware, but I won't be buying any more of it. Not worth it until they start putting similar effort into their software and customer support.

I'm a little disappointed, too. Can't believe that there is only Shamino who releases bioses from ASUS. Maybe he get's beta bioses for us early but release variants should not rely on him. ASUS should have more people who work on bioses. xD

Jackalito
Level 8
Some users are reporting high latency issues with BIOS 0803 on OC.net forums for the CH8 series motherboards. I haven't put my new rig together yet, so I cannot test it. Is there any one else here experiencing a similar result with 0803? Were those issues present with 0802?

Thanks!
In space no one can hear you scream.

I was playing with mem OC on my x470 Pro. It looks like its buggy as hell. Once I'm capable of doing 3600 CL16, after trying for 3733 and not posting I cant also post with 3600 CL16. With profile which I saved and was stable. I confirmed that my micron e sticks are capable of doing at least 3800. Also IF is capable of at least 1800.

Hi, I am new here, just bought cVIh and r5 3600.
I tried all the zen 2 BIOSes, and the most stable for me is 7201, it has a PBO menu, and it restarts normaly.
The betas that Shamino provided here all have some problems when restarting from win.
After win shuts down there's just black screen.
Didn't notice anything else but this.
And when I cut the power to the PC, and power it on after that it takes a while to post.
My old i5/z77 combo were much quciker, post was almost instant.
Also, when I plug HDMI, post and BIOS are shown on TV, not on monitor.
I have the same GPU as before and on old PC post and BIOS were on monitor.
Is there an option in BIOS to adjust this? I have searched, but couldn't find it...

Diskach wrote:

Also, when I plug HDMI, post and BIOS are shown on TV, not on monitor.
I have the same GPU as before and on old PC post and BIOS were on monitor.
Is there an option in BIOS to adjust this? I have searched, but couldn't find it...

Hi Diskach 😃

No, there is no such option. Since I'm on AM4 (started on launch with the 1600X) - the Crosshair VI Hero has been my companion and so far it took good care of me. The early weeks of a platform launch are usually pretty rocky - in terms of UEFI support. Especially the ones up on the support section are sometimes age old, with newer versions out in the wilds for weeks. Sometimes these "beta" releases end up as is on that page after the power users, we, have tested and validated it.

Back to your question - I have seen this behavior a few times before and there is a very straightforward and easy workaround available, don't laugh - i' serious 😃 -> disconnect all displays except your primary one and boot into Windows. The board, to my understanding, remembers this choice. A CMOS reset or even a UEFI flash will clear this, but not always. I cannot say exactly how this works or why it seemingly behaves inconsistently. The workaround works tho!

Ravwyn wrote:
Hi Diskach 😃

No, there is no such option. Since I'm on AM4 (started on launch with the 1600X) - the Crosshair VI Hero has been my companion and so far it took good care of me. The early weeks of a platform launch are usually pretty rocky - in terms of UEFI support. Especially the ones up on the support section are sometimes age old, with newer versions out in the wilds for weeks. Sometimes these "beta" releases end up as is on that page after the power users, we, have tested and validated it.

Back to your question - I have seen this behavior a few times before and there is a very straightforward and easy workaround available, don't laugh - i' serious 😃 -> disconnect all displays except your primary one and boot into Windows. The board, to my understanding, remembers this choice. A CMOS reset or even a UEFI flash will clear this, but not always. I cannot say exactly how this works or why it seemingly behaves inconsistently. The workaround works tho!

YES, that did the trick!

Thank You very much! 😄