cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X370-F Owners - What Bios Version?

hazium233
Level 8
I recently picked up a Strix X370-F. It came with bios 4012 which is Pinnacle 1.0.0.2. Right now I am mostly just in the "make sure everything works" phase with a 1600.

Are there any compelling reasons to go to 4207 or later on this board with Zen 1? Any performance increases or better ram speeds?

Does this board have the cold boot voltage bug in some of the ComboPi bioses?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

redwolfe_98
Level 7
i use the 4207 bios.

A little late to the party, but I run the latest 5220

hazium233
Level 8
Hate to bump this, but I picked up a 2700X but haven't installed it yet. Is there any difference to boost behavior on these Zen+ X skus between the different bioses?

I thought I read for the -Pro boards that some versions of the bioses had non working PBO settings, but that this was fixed later in early ComboPi versions. Not sure if that applied to the X370-F at all. Also that newest bios might have increased limits.

I suppose regardless I will be installing it and seeing how it goes on 4012. I have Micron Rev D that is set at 3200C14 currently with the 1600, haven't really tried to stabilize it at higher MT/s with this CPU, I can't imagine it not working with the 2700X.

hazium233
Level 8
Installed the 2700X. Cleared CMOS and loaded optimized defaults.

One thing that seems odd is that the board set SOC voltage to 1.056V for my ram at 2666MT/s. I figured it would set something lower than that, but it is also still somewhat unclear to me what this board is trying to do with defaults. It also set the ram to 1.35V despite it being 1.2V rated, which I thought was interesting.

I ended up setting SOC to 0.950V, which I figured made more sense for this speed. My old 1600 would do that voltage for 2666MT/s. I did not attempt to look for, or set, PBO yet. I just ran an hour GSAT as far as testing goes so far. Also some Cinebench R20 runs to see what it scores.

Not sure if it might be worth flashing 4012 over itself to clear out any settings that might have remained from the 1600.