cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't Boot, yet Lights are on. [Dark Hero]

johnnified
Level 9
So I recently last night Started my new build after 8 years. Technology has changed quite a bit so I am a bit rusty.

My issue is: When I turn on the PSU the motherboard lights up, but when I press the case start button or even the onboard "Start" button which is lit up nothing turns on. Not even my CPU AIO cooler turns on. Nothing feels like it is booting up. I just wanted to test everything before I installed the GPU and m.2 SSD. however nothing is starting up. Nothing is trying to start up, the RBG just stays lit.
12 REPLIES 12

ationfictons
Level 10
Just out of curiosity, you said you pressed the Start button and nothing happened. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by that. But, did you try buttons 18 (reset), 19 (retry) and 20 (safe boot) on the motherboard? I'm looking at page 1-2 of the User Manual and seeing those.

Hey
I have the same problem, I have already replaced the board and the processor
I would appreciate it if you could write down how you fixed the problem in the end

Hi Alon,

Ensure the EPS12V 8-pin connector and 24-pin connectors are fully inserted. It might be better for you to start a new thread with your problem in ROG Care in the motherboard section.

13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090