cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows not seeing bluetooth

getting_dizzy
Level 7
I have a crosshair hero viii, and have installed the bluetooth drivers from the asus download page (for that Mobo), but I still get no option to enable bluetooth. Do I have to enable something on the motherboard itself? I'm running win 10 x64 pro,, fully updated. I've had the motherboard for a few months now and it has never worked.

Ideas?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

meerkat154
Level 7
getting_dizzy wrote:
I have a crosshair hero viii, and have installed the bluetooth drivers from the asus download page (for that Mobo), but I still get no option to enable bluetooth. Do I have to enable something on the motherboard itself? I'm running win 10 x64 pro,, fully updated. I've had the motherboard for a few months now and it has never worked.

Ideas?

Thanks

I believe there is a setting in the BIOS - make sure you have the latest BIOS if not. Not that it is the issue but I forgot to connect the external antennae initially and no bluetooth devices could be located.

Also the Intel software updater is not a bad solution for updating drivers - specifically for bluetooth and /or WIFI.
-Kat

meerkat154 wrote:
I believe there is a setting in the BIOS - make sure you have the latest BIOS if not. Not that it is the issue but I forgot to connect the external antennae initially and no bluetooth devices could be located.

Also the Intel software updater is not a bad solution for updating drivers - specifically for bluetooth and /or WIFI.
-Kat

I don't have the wifi board, so no antenna. I initially thought that maybe the non wifi version didn't have bluetooth, but there is a bluetooth driver available on support page for the non wifi board, so I assume it should work. I didn't see anything in the bios, but I have not updated it.

thanks