Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows no longer sleeps after going from 3700x to 5800x3d

Silycybin
Level 8
my specs:
x570e mb, 5800x3d, 16gb trident z, 2070 super, win10 up to date
A couple weeks ago, I swapped out my 3700x for a 5800x3d. Everything worked fine except that my pc no longer goes to sleep based on the timers I set. The monitor will sleep but no the PC.
I've tried everything I can find online. checking powercfg /requests showed nothing. Changing power plan settings didnt help. Reinstalling drivers and default resetting bios did nothing.
Reinstalling windows 11 clean did fix it! but Win11 sucks so I went back to win 10. After the initial clean install it would sleep based on the timers but after upgrading all the drivers and installing a few apps it no longer will sleep.
It will sleep if I go power menu ->sleep but again, not based on the timers. Monitor always does though.
I've seen a few other people with the same issue, going to ryzen 5000 no longer sleeps.
Any ideas or anyone with the same issues?
3 REPLIES 3

TechyBen
Level 7

Similar issue with a 5800x and it turns off the screen, but same power draw as "idle", and fans and everything runs (does not seem to shut down in hibernate either).

Anyone know a fix? Nothing shows with powercfg -requestsoverride in command line.

I'm on Windows 10 too, so seems hardware related?

TheLastElite
Level 7

I have the same problem and I believe it's related to a recent Windows 10/11 update.

TechyBen
Level 7

Found the answer. There was a super hidden Windows 10 setting in the PCI interface sleep mode under "power management", IIRC any mode other than "high performance/power saving off" breaks sleep. So I turned off all pci-e power saving options in the Windows settings and it works now!